Six Nations

No chance you could ask her to get him to take up transcendental meditation, I suppose?..:wink:

No chance, like mother, like son!

1 Like

In which case, I strongly recommend that you under no circumstances attempt to pass her in a queue or walk round her on a pavement.

2 Likes

In honour of the 2015 Six Nations Rugby Championship, here’s a ‘just for fun’ short slideshow video showing the Joneses passion for Welsh Rugby over the last 9 years or so…

6 Likes

5 Likes

Never mind Tricia fach, I think it’s their grandfathers that I knew!!!

Austin Healey: "Cardiff is just full of nutters… One guy took a run up as we were moving and headbutted the front of the bus. "

2 Likes

Yes, well, I think Mr. Healey is referring to our old Cyncoed College mate, George, who at the time was keeping alive a tradition of harmless lunacy begun by Dewi Pws Morris no less who was there in the same years as Gareth Himself and swears he played at 10 to the great man’s 9 - though not for Wales…Waterstones (The Hayes) last week had copies of Carolyn Hitt’s ‘Wales Play In Red’ reduced to £3.50…nip in quick C’mon Cymru!!!

My (English) wife has gone home to her mother’s …
… ostensibly to look after her while she recovers from an op, but I know better. After 37 years of bitter experience, she can’t stand being with her Welsh husband when Wales play England. Either outcome is always bad for her - me crowing or me like a bear with a bad migraine. :wink: .

Late update - I feel a major migraine coming on. What the H did Lancaster say at half time??

2 Likes

Lest we forget what it’s all about :smiley:
http://forum.saysomethingin.com/uploads/default/1250/bcbe7540806dc374.jpg

7 Likes

Da iawn Catrin!! ysbryd y gwlad!!!

1 Like

I’ve been working on my own rugby vocabulary for when we’re watching the game in the Mochyn Du tonight: Beth sy’n digwydd? Pam mae’r dyn 'na’n gwneud hynny? Peint arall i fi, diolch.

That’s about all I’ll need, I think. Looking forward to it!

(And I intend to speak Welsh all evening - can’t risk being outed as English in the Mochyn Du on game night!)

4 Likes

You could also try “pwy sy’n gwisgo’r crysau coch?” :wink:

2 Likes

For anyone going to the game tonight - look out for these from the assembly government -

1 Like

The better team won and I lost £5 on a friendly bet…Yet, I still think Wales will head the table after all the games are played. But to stand in my local pub cheering - Wales to victory - suffering good hearted barracking is not something I relish…

1 Like

Hell’s teeth. So much for the second half.

It’s not impossible, but it looks as though they’re paying a high price for the massively intense fitness work they’ve been doing - they didn’t look as though they had more than a few drops left in the tank in that second half. I’m waiting for Gatland to say ‘Judge me on the World Cup’…

Superb performance and result from the u20s, though. It’s just come to my attention that I’ve always been much more interested in the u20 game than in full internationals…:wink:

Anyone heading up to Murrayfield? See you at the Scott Memorial on Princes St 12.30 -1.00, follow Plaid and SNP joint rally there on @daibananas - I know we are supposed to keep politics off this site but…

The lovely Nia Parry from Cariad@Iaith will be on the Jonathan programme tonight at 22.00…

3 Likes

Pub banner near Murrayfield - ‘Croeso i Caeredin’ - that was it. Made the day…discussion about ‘yn y bon’ on way back down…‘Basically’ is used all the time in wenglish at the start of sentences, crossover from ‘yn y bon’ its Cymraeg equivalent generally starting sentences off, basically. Never occurred to me before. Basically Scotland went wrong, tactically da iawn Cymru!