Six Nations

Dwn i’m if this has been posted before, but I thought it fun:

See:

http://www.sherv.net/flag.wales-emoticon-1075.html

4 Likes

I love it!!!

All quiet at the moment…Caerdydd triple header coming up…Choral Concert at Y Tabernacl, on the Friday, Ireland game Saturday afternoon and that evening Elin Fflur and support bands at Clwb Ifor Bach…tickets available for the last one, not too sure about the afternoon if you haven’t got £100 to spare…more gigs up and down everywhere on www.gilydd.com Can’t describe the fun I am having making this site, or the positive effect it is having on my Welsh…C’mon Cymru!

Revive this topic? asks the Forum, crossly!!
Sorry, folks, but I shall watch Yr Alban and cheer them on, then be totally impartial as France plays Italy before, yfory, “Cymru am byth”!!! :exclamation:

2 Likes

Dewch ymlaen Cymru!

2 Likes

I would call it an honourable draw. I remember the one in '74. I was there and the atmosphere afterwards was lovely. I like the Irish. They are lovely win or lose, just want a good game and fair ref!! I was sorry for Yr Alban. I suspect they need a win to remind them how!! I was even sorrier for Italy. I started impartial, but I ended up anything but!!!

Lwc dda Cymu!! Don’t let the tag of ‘favourites’ get to you!! Good luck Italy!! I think I’m impartial for the other one!!

Indeed, Scotland were so much stronger in the world cup and they will relish a more open game. This should be a good game.

Yah, and “we” (Cymru) won, but hardly should I say. The game was very tight I’d say. For now, since France beat Ireland, Cymru is on the very top, but there’s more matches to come … Can we win 6 Nations again? Whatever, I’m already saving the money for my next Welsh T-Shirt to celebrate! (Yup, that’s how I celebrate victories - with T-Shirts!) :slight_smile:

1 Like

France are currently top, @tatjana. They have two wins to our 1 + a draw!!
The Duke of Wellington said the Battle of Waterloo was a near run thing! In comparison to our win yesterday, the Battle of Waterloo was a walkover!!! We should have won by a lot more. I hope yesterday will have given the team the ‘umph’ they need. I want us to beat France, because we need to, to have a chance of the 6 Nations, but also, we have to beat the real enemy at Twickenham after that!! (I’d rather lose to Italy than England!!!)

Yes, yes, I know that one … :slight_smile:

I’m sorry. I didn’t go and check I just memorized what I’ve read on Twitter and Facebook … This should teach me always to doublecheck before saying/writing something.

I wouldn’t want to loose to Italy also … Why should we anyway? But, I’m saying this for quite some years in the row: Beware of Italians! They’re better and better! And ((darn) again) I am right about this one.

I don’t follow Rugby, but on Radio Cymru lately, it’s been hard to avoid publicity about the 6 Nations coverage, some of it against a background of music that sounds a lot like the introduction to the Brian Ferry version of “Let’s stick together”. And pretty good it is too. But is there actually a Welsh version of this song?

According to Youtube, this (rather than Brian Ferry, or even Canned Heat (which was “work together”)) might be the original version:

In the context of Rugby though, I’m not sure if "let’s stick together is a reference to team loyalty or mud.

:slight_smile:

Here is an example of the 6 nations plug I was referring to:

If that attempt at a “time” link doesn’t work, try

then go manually to 28 minutes, 00 seconds in.

The piece I’m referring to comes just after they give the cast listing for that play.

Might be both. - hehe. :slight_smile:

And yes, I’d say this piece of music you’ve posted is more likely to be original … but I’m not sure also.

Hi Mike,

How do I make this icon work for Skype - do you know,

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Justin,

I’m not an expert in Skype I’m afraid. What do you mean by “make it work in Skype” though?

Do you mean to be able to insert it into the text chat box and have it be animated?
I’m afraid I don’t know the answer…

EDIT: However, on further digging, I see that its proper address is:

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/flags/flag-of-wales.gif

so I think I’d start by saving .gif image that to my computer, and also perhaps bookmarking the link, or otherwise keeping a copy of it safe somewhere.

…maybe a Skype expert will come along, but in the meantime I’ll get up a Skype session to remind myself about how to use the text box (or chat, or whatever it’s called).

1 Like

Re: Skype: I had a bit of a play with it, but could not find a way of inserting it into the text chat thingy.

You can insert pre-existing emoticons/emoji’s, as you probably know,but could not see how to put in one of your own. Maybe Skype gurus would know.

Sorry!

Now, here’s the answer for you which unfortunately is not positive. I went to Skype community forum to the topic where people are asking for this feature - the one which would allow custom emoji and smilys to be implemented. However the last message is from last Thursday, still bagging for this feature to happen what clearly shows the feature is not implemented yet so people can not use their own emotions. Also, this, what you posted on here is GIF animated picture which doesn’t neccessarely work with Skype the way you’d want. Copying it copies you static picture and copying the URL it (of course) copies URL. I don’t believe embed is allowed or possible also … So, nothing on this field yet.

However you can monitor this Skype forum topic for further updates on this matter: Idea Exchange: Add custom emoticon to Skype. Microsoft still has it “under considderation” rather then saying “OK let’s do it!” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I realise Italy is closer to you in rivalry than us, and you were never colonised by England!! But we are what we are!! Not all people from Cymru are as hot as me on the subject, but most of us do mind losing to England more than to anyone else!
I was really sorry for Italy yesterday. There was some pretty dirty play from England missed by the referee and not mentioned by the English commentators!!!

I can’t find the video clip now, but (I gather from Max Boyce…) what’s almost as important as winning over England, is to see England lose to someone else…

I can remember one bit where he is crying crocodile tears over one such England loss, although I can’t give specifics. :slight_smile:

Edit:

What is Hymns and Arias about?

It tells of how Wales beat England at Twickenham “in a fast and open game” which and captures the essence of an away day for working-class Wales rugby fans from the journey there with “beer, pontoon, crisps and fags” to the celebrations afterwards.

Of course it’s a bit mischievous, with the bottle used in lieu of a loo given away: “We sympathised with an Englishman whose team was doomed to fail/So we gave his that old bottle, that once held bitter ale.”

:slight_smile:

2 Likes