Six Nations

Their capacity to be full time professionals is the difference for sure. I think, I’m not cant o gant but the Welsh ladies only have one professional

How can England be professional if no other women’s team is? Who pays? How do we get Welsh girls good expeience? Have them play against men? Under 16 boys? Send them to New Zealand for a tour? They need something! Don’t watch it @tatjana, it’s a slaughter!

Italy v lreland - Ireland playing like we should have last Week! 18 points up at half time! On Form, Scotland should demolish us when we play them, but we still have to face Lloegr. Final score Italy 10 Ireland 63!

I don’t understand the question sorry? The England ladies are paid to train, so that’s how they’re pros. The English ladies premiership is very good too. I think New Zealand and Australia are pros too.

It’s the same in a lot of sports. Hockey, netball, football, the English girls are pros others aren’t.

Don’t worry though, the Welsh girls are getting lots of experience. They just need more money. They still play week in week out. Just have to do another job at the same time.

SportWales isn’t a great organisation. My brother in-law plays hockey for Wales, so did my better half and their Dad. The funding situation is very stilted in favour of male sport. Emma’s team at U18s came second in the European hockey champs. All the increased funding that came with that went to the men’s hockey team.

Italy looked rubbish today too. They played better last weekend. Wasn’t an equal comparison. I think Wales muscled out a very good win last weekend. Italy were poor today.

Yes but we have just lost! Dammo! If only that,kick hadn’t gone where it did! Free try we gave them, I wouldn’t care if we lost to all the others just to hold Lloegr to a draw even! Oh for the days of my late youth!

:frowning: We should have won.

1 Like

Yn wir!

Yes, I’ve heard and then men looses against Lloegr too … dissappointing day as I first didn’t know will I be able to watch the match at all as I found all live streams I’ve used before blocked. But, well, 6 Nations is not over yet so let’s hope for the better times in the future.

Yes, Welsh women are not proffessional and they’ve got very little support in the past. I hope the times will change for them too. They need wider experience though, I know.

Are they? I’ve heard different but well, it might be thigs have changed since I’ve heard that.

Yah, we should, but, to be honest, we did quite some (unneccessary) errors which costed us … and that penalty at the end? I thought I’d cry … but crying has no use, has it …

At least my silly (this time very private) promisse won’t come true (at least not just yet as it was HUGE one this time). Obviously God loves me just a little more then it does my beloved tim Cymreig. :slight_smile:

Rather don’t ask what kind of organisation Slovene Sports organisations are. Olympics Comitee hands out all the money regardless do you get sponsors on your own or they find them … etc, etc … Here the matter isn’t so much girls vs men but “big” vs “small” I think our rugby team (men team) still doesn’t get anything from the state sources but they fund them on theirselves … Prety world of financial madness … :frowning:

Re-professional ladies! I sort of thought, who would pay girls to play if all their opponents are amateurs? Paid to train didn’t occur to me. WRU rich? Do you mean the RFU?
So, the English pay to give their women an (unfair) advantage and we pay to buy players from poor countries and then don’t have as strong national teams as we would if we coached our own!

Apologies, I did mean the RFU.

It’s not an unfair advantage because it’s a professional sport. The Welsh girls get paid to appear so they are semi-professional not amateur. If it was an amateur sport, it would be an unfair advantage. The Rest of the nations could paid their players if they had the money. So England are going by the book.

Moriarty should never have been taken off. The pace of the English counter attack from the kick was immense. Cuthbert shouldn’t wear a Welsh jersey. He hasn’t played well enough for years.

Wales were the better side for 65 minutes of that game but England took their two chances and their defence held very well after Haskell came on. Wales should have won.

Most entertaining six nations for many years so far. Good to see tries, irregardless of who scores them. Scotland in Murrayfield in 2 weeks will be a great game. Ireland - England is still building to be a great clash even if it isn’t a Grand Slam decider for both teams.

Totally agree with all of that!
As to the amateur/prof business, lets face it, I have never really liked the change and it clearly disadvantages poorer nations. I know there was boot money in the old days, employers found for player the local team wanted and dreadful situations like a certain top player being out of work after a Lions tour because his job wasn’t kept open for him! All that was bad,bad, bad, but I’m not sure going pro was the best solution! Who wants to watch their team totally annihilated by a team of professionals? Walk-overs are not good to watch! I don’t care who is doing the walking. In the first Wales v Japan match, the crowd rose as one to cheer when Japan finally scored! We didn’t want to walk over them!

Ah the age old debate :slight_smile:

I can understand the appeal of keeping the game amateur. However, look at Japan and Argentina now. They’ve soared as a result of increased funding from the game turning pro. The season wouldn’t be sustainable as an amateur sport. The World Cup wouldn’t exist either. That was the start of professionalism.

Plus, if we look at the “amateur” sports of the Olympics we see how much of a mountain of salt needs to be taken with that concept. Mo Farah lives in Oregon (or did) in a Nike funded training facility. His sponsorship money is massive. They aren’t amateurs either.

Also, the argument of poorer nations; look at the US and Canadian teams compared to Georgia. Italy’s GDP compared to New Zealand’s. Japan is not a poor nation either, and wasn’t in the 70s and 80s.

Oh, I know there’s no going back
ps how did we not score yesterday after, Biggar’s wonderful run, kick ahead and England putting it in touch? That was a score waiting to happen! Still waiting! I really see no excuse for being unable to throw in to one’s own line out at professional level. Kids in school,can manage it!
pps Stade de France doesn’t look full!

No 6 nations this weekend.
Yr Alban v Cymru 25/2 afternoon
Ireland v France 5 ish
Lloegr v Yr Eidal 26/2

Bydd iwerddon - Ffrainc yn gêm diddorol! Ireland - France will be an interesting game!

Agreed. I fancy Iwerddon!

Praying!

I don’t pray anymore, I’m angry at the moment. Too much stupid things done …

1 Like

All my neighbours will be uttering unmeant sympathy! We are going to be very, very lucky to be 5th out of the 6 nations! Dw’i ddim yn hapus! YrAlban will get a bonus point for 4 tries at this rate! On days like this the Scottish crowd chant ‘Easy, Easy!’ on the way out and rub our noses in our humiliation! I know, I’ve been there!
OK no bonus point, but the rest is true. When will we learn to hold onto the ball?