"Slovenska beseda / Slovene word" and other things regarding learning Slovene

For all interested in Slovene language and not being on Facebook I’ve finally started to fill my long ago raised Talk Slovene page with the content of the “Slovenska beseda/Slovene Word” Facebook album. You will find everything related to this part of my presentation of Slovene language on the sub-site with the same name - Slovenska beseda / Slovene Word or if you navigate from the home page with the hoovering the mouse across the “Let’s Talk” tab and clicking on “Slovenska beseda/Slovene Word” link there.

For now there’s only video with Slovene Alphabet I’ve already presented here but more is to come.

Za @Efenj in njej podobnim - morda si boš tudi ti lahko kaj pomagala z njo. (For Efenj and her alike - maybe you’ll be able to find it helpful too. )

1 Like

Those who want to learn Slovene they might find this useful.

Hope it comes of any use.

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just noticed this and had a quick look at your page - Your tourist board should be paying you for putting up those photos - Mae Slovenia yn hyfryd iawn!

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn!

I’m doing my best, along with learning Welsh, spreading the word about Slovenia and Slovene language aswell. I found a group on FB of people who are learning Slovene so I decided to take membership in order to help them with their struggles with the language. I even found a member who is learning Slovene and is half Welsh so he speaks Welsh too. Interesting things are happening online these days so I’m continuing my work.

I believe my next task will be making a kind of course on Memirse and Quizlet. If Duolingo would have plans to do the Slovene course I’d surely be in but the most I’d be into SSiSlovene if there’d exist the wish and need by founders of SSi to do one.

1 Like

For the group of Slovene learners I’m testing the app “Learn Slovene - 50 languages” ahd I thought it might interest you, @Efenj, too and maybe all the rest who want to learn Slovene. It’s more like amy other app for learning languages but I found it amazing for learning how to form sentences and it teaches all versions - singular, plural, dual, masculine, feminine and neuter at more or less the same point. There are unfortunately not additional instructions or explanations but just sentences to practice correct word order.

The app is both, for Android and iOS and is offerred for each language separately or as one general app in whoch you can learn all languages they offer.

Unfortunatelly the cours is not available on PC but just the list of words in both languages and an offer to buy a book.

I hope it helps in a way.

Hwyl!

Hi Tatjana! thanks - is it free?
Zivijo Tatjana! Hvala za ponodbo - a je to brez plačno?
Shwmae Tatjana! Mae am ddim?

Helo @Efenj. Yes it is absolutely free.

Živijo. Ja, popolnoma brezplačno je!.

Shwmae! Ie, mae am ddim.

You type 50 Languages: Learn Slovene in the search bar and you’ll get 50Languages app with which you can learn Slovene. I’ve tested it a bit and it gives you a lot of practice and 100 lessons to learn from. Lessons are short and you spend less than 20 minutes a day doing the lesson.

If you have FB acount, you can see my post in the Learn the Slovene/Slovenian Language Facebook group where I also explain some differences, mistakes and kind of errors in the course. I’m going slowly though the whole material and mark down if something isn’t quite correct or it could be said better or differently. At the moment I’m at lesson 24 though so there’ll be some time needed for me to come to the very end.

In above mentioned group you can also find other tips and resources for learning the language aswell.

Hope it helps.

(I’m sorry I didn’t type entire answer in Slovene aswell, but I’m in a bit of hurry at the moment.)

2 Likes

Hello after 2 years.

I promissed you the videos with the words from my already mentioned photo album spoken and for quite a while now the first video is up on YouTube so I thought I finally will put it on here for all you to watch.

You might also have heard that we’re doing Bedtime languages for kids to learn a bit of various languages in this lock down time and one of them is also Slovene which, I’m doing by @aran’s instructions (using his Welsh Bedtime Languages Course) and I thought someone might be interested in learning a little something of Slovene with this little course aswell. So, here’s the whole playlist of the lessons to which more lessons will be added every day.

So here it is SSi Bedtime Languages - Slovene and I hope you’ll find these videos useful. Since it is aimed for the kids (yes I know I appear too sirious though), I don’t give much explanations however if you need some, you can write the questions in here too.

Let me use the opportunity to invite you to maybe learn some other languages the same way too and join us on Slack Bedtime Languages.

My Talk Slovene page is also a bit updated. There are more photos from my FB album with all explanations and the first video of the album is also there.

So I hope there’s enough resources for a bit of learning.

Enjoy!

1 Like