So who wants to be in the SSiW band?

Then I might have overreacted … as usual. :rolleyes:

No bother, Mrs G constantly tells me that if I’d toned down the ‘humour’ at work, we’d be considerably better off :slight_smile:

I live in the Conwy Valley and can get a tune out of a baritone horn but South Wales is a day away.
Harvey Fudge

Hi all. So where are we with this? I’m more confident than ever about singing and wonder if it’s time to blow the dust off this thread…
Can I suggest we start to pinpoint a few songs and maybe think about what our individual contribution might be? Or whether we should think about a rehearsal space?

2 Likes

Yes! Still want to do this and had plans to arrange something for the beginning of the year. But recent events have thrown me off track a bit, sorry. I am planning to record a few loose vocals and upload them with links to sheet music and lyrics as a starting point. Anyone else wanting to do the same with vocals or instrumentals? I’m hoping we can have a bit of a jam at the Luxury Bootcamp also. XXX

3 Likes

Nothing about Geraint inspires me to believe he might play the drums quietly, so I’m planning on looking after the children at that point. From a vantage point several miles away…:wink:

1 Like

But I’ll be supplying a volume control :slight_smile:

(and I’m a quiet drummer)

1 Like

That’s the beauty of an electronic drum kit. :wink:

I can actually play quietly, I just choose not to. :grin::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Anyone for a bit of Meinir Gwilyms “Dim ond yn fa’ma”, or “Angel” by Elin Fflur?

1 Like

Catrin asked me to post these clips for her - to start potential band folk thinking about stuff we can do on Bootcamp, or online, I think?

Hmmm… sorry about those big (old) pictures - I thought Soundcloud came through on here a bit more neatly and tidily than that?

3 Likes

Please note that these are just loose vocals with no musical accompaniment - so a little off pitch in places and the timing, of course, isn’t consistent throughout. I thought I’d start with a couple of folk songs then try some more rock/pop? Any suggestions greatly welcomed. For those attending the Luxury Bootcamp, maybe we can have a bit of a jam?

Anyone else feel like joining in and posting recordings of vocals/instrumentals then PLEASE do do!

This will give us something to start working with whenever we get together. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ti think I’ve mentioned this before, but the two following books are very useful -

http://www.ylolfa.com/en/dangos.php?ISBN=9781847712417

http://www.ylolfa.com/cy/dangos.php?ISBN=9781847715999

1 Like

Awesome, think I’ll be getting the first book. Lot of great stuff to learn. :smile:

Here’s another…
http://www.gwales.com/goto/biblio/en/9781897664605/

Found this if anyone loves Saron :smile:

1 Like

This sounds right up my street if I’m ever around (and my instruments are considered appropriate!). I play clarinet, tuba and saxophone (I own an alto and tenor but could give sop or bari a bash at least!).

1 Like

Is a tuba ever considered appropriate? :smiley:

2 Likes

You can never have too much bass!

4 Likes

Hi, I live in Chesham. I am half way through the 6 month intensive course. Just wondering what part of Hertfordshire you are in, and if you are close enough, would you like to meet to practise speaking Welsh? Do you know of any other Welsh speakers in the area?
Mhairi

1 Like

Hi Mhari,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I haven’t ever connected with anyone locally so good to hear from you. I have been learning Welsh on and off (more off recently!) for a few years but have had limited speaking practice which is what I really need. I’d be keen to see if we could meet up sometime and give it a go.

Mae’n ddrwg ‘da fi am yr e-bost hwyr. Oedd e’n da iawn clwyd o ti. Dw i wedi bod yn dysgu Cymraeg am sawl flwyddyn ond does dim llawer o cyfle ymarfer siarad gyda fi ar hyn o bryd. Beth am i’ni cwrth weithau am trafod Cymraeg?

Rob