[Sold Out] 2017 September Bootcamp Tresaith. Sept 23-30

:slight_smile: Happy belated birthday! Getting excited here, too. I have a little travel excitement with Hurricane Irmaā€¦ Iā€™m supposed to fly out of Orlando on Sunday. Weā€™ll see!

2 Likes

Good luck - hope the journey goes smoothly!

1 Like

Eek! Itā€™s all getting very near! It was lovely to meet Dee at the Welsh clonc group in the Mulberry Bush at Lampeterā€¦at least there will be one familiar face!

2 Likes

Looking forward to getting thereā€¦ and wondering which useful words I should revise before coming. Was wondering what the Welsh for ā€˜nailclippersā€™ is :wink:

2 Likes

Getting excited too! :blush:

2 Likes

Siswrn ar gyfer y pethau ar y diwedd o dy fysedd? :wink:

Youā€™ll have a great time! Donā€™t worry about revision, youā€™ll learn loads in those moments ofā€¦ā€œOh man I canā€™t think of anythingā€ā€¦because thatā€™s when your brain will surprise you!

Enjoy The Ship! Cwrw helps chat :smile:

Also, if you break my personal record of four skips with a stone then the sea wasnā€™t rough enoughā€¦ :flushed:

4 Likes

allet ti ddweud e eto bach yn arafach

1 Like

Ah yes, the traditional ā€˜start of Bootcamp bonding activityā€™ā€¦ :smiley:

4 Likes

Did you make it? Watching the news from here it doesnā€™t look good :frowning:

1 Like

Weā€™re kind of in the midst of itā€¦ nothing major right now, but kind of awe inspiringā€¦ I fly out on Tuesday now, looking forward to seeing you!

2 Likes

Hi Ruth. Could you tell me which day this group meets at the Mulberry Bush please and what time. I live fairly near to Lampeter. Feeling apprehensive about next week but looking forward to it. Jayne.

They meet upstairs at the Mulberry Bush every Tuesday from 11.00-12.00.Fortunately Iā€™m too occupied (doing a live-in care stint at the moment) to fret too much! Iā€™m sure itā€™ll all be fine as long as we keep our sense of humour about us!

2 Likes

mmmmyeah, what could possibly go wrong lol!

Getting really excitedā€¦ just wondering what special things we should bring.
I have a Scrabble yn Gymraegā€¦ intending to bring that. I also have some authentic mĆŖl Gymraeg. (Please remember, air travellers, that airport security has problem with fluids.)

4 Likes

Hi @ruthcooke and @Jaynehp,

Iā€™m planning to get along to the group in the Mulberry Bush tomorrow, bringing @Bobi with me. We can have a little pre-bootcamp getting-to-know-you session :slight_smile:

Dee

2 Likes

Hi Dee. That sounds like a great idea. See you tomorrow.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Dee will set your minds at rest regarding bwtcamp, but really, there is nothing to worry about. The main thing that will happen is that everyone will start talking something that sounds like Welsh and has a lot of Welsh rules, but with a grammar that is, well, some say suspicious, some say innovative.

There will be a lot of laughter.

There will be some singing, lots of sleep, and some really nice food.

And then you will all go home about three years further forward in your Welsh speaking journey than you were at the beginning of the week.

Itā€™s a holiday, and you will enjoy yourselves. (Anyone found not enjoying themselves may be publicly flogged until they do enjoy. Itā€™s in the terms and conditions).

Just the holiday happens to be in Welsh.

:wink:

3 Likes

I travel by plane so I wonā€™t be able to take a duvet + cover with me, could someone help me out? :slight_smile:

Sorry Dee! Iā€™m still in Sussex tomoz not traveling up to Wales til Thursday

Iā€™m kind of flying in myself and havenā€™t thought about the duvetā€¦ but, where are you flying to and how are you getting to Tresaith, I wonder. Is someone helping you with that?