[Sold Out] 2017 September Bootcamp Tresaith. Sept 23-30

I’ll bring spare duvets etc. (Big family, stacks of bedding!) anything else? I’ve got heaps of snacks…

3 Likes

Thanks! BTW, Iestyn has recently sent an email with some important info. If for some reason you didn’t get it pm me with your email and I’ll forward it to you.

1 Like

Wow thanks Bobi, just saw that. Gweich!

1 Like

And sooooooooooo … the challenge begins TODAY!

You’ll have magnificent time, believe me! The time you’ll never forget.

Good luck to all! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That would be brilliant, @Nicky - you’re more than welcome! THE main aim of bwtcamp is to get bwtcampers talking to local Welsh speakers. If those local Welsh speakers want to come to us, then that’s fine. I’ll PM you my mobile number for you to check where and when we are.

That’s an amazingly kind offer, @Jules - diolch!

I’ve suddenly realised that I usually rob the duvets off my boys’ beds because they are with us in Tresaith in sleeping bags, but they are not coming this time, so I’ve had to work out another solution for myself even.

Is it only two Duvet needers? And are you able to bring two, Jules?

I’m really looking forward to meeting you all (if I’ve ever managed to pack).

Iestyn

3 Likes

I have printed off some copies of the lyrics of Calon Lân, Sosban fach, and Oes Gafr Eto.
(As well as a copy of my car’s insurance certificate.)

See you all around 3ish.

4 Likes

Yep, I’ll bring two.
See you all later!

1 Like

Thanks! Are we covered on the etceteras, too? (sheets, towels, pillows…)

Lol, good point! I will bring 2 sets of sheets/pillows and duvets. Towels I don’t have spares of. I’ll bring hand towels, can anyone else bring bath towels?

2 Likes

You rock!

1 Like

I have found a book of Welsh songs, with music, I shall bring along and a bird book by Iolo Williams which is also in Welsh just in case anyone is interested. I think they use to belong to my late mother in law.

2 Likes

I have a few towels that are large and could be spares

2 Likes

The first activity that we do will be a team building exercise, because it is very difficult to get a group of strangers to work together and trust each other.

OK As you were! We’ll do something else instead!

4 Likes

The good news is that Iestyn and Dee survived. First post-boot camp bit of weirdness. Listening to Welsh-language music that I have listened to lots. Obviously, now understand more if the words. The weirdness was that the singers all seemed to be singing with better diction. Now hearing letters in words that ‘weren’t there’ before. Just had to write before I forgot.

11 Likes

YAY! The first survivor of the bootcamp!

… how to write it in English. :slight_smile:

(I wanted coffee in Welsh even in London on the way home … :slight_smile: as I felt I forgot how to speak English for a while.)

2 Likes

I sort of had that experience and that of mentally translating English road signs into Cyraeg to comprehend them.

7 Likes

Home now with cup ot tea. Diolch i pawb am popeth. (Thank you everyone for everything)

7 Likes

Sat waiting for a Chinese takeaway in Carmarthen and reflecting on a very enjoyable week where i improved my Welsh so much. It was great to meet everyone and a massive thank you to Iestyn and Dee - so passionate and dedicated to the whole endeavour.

Hope to meet you all again at some point whether that be an official meet up to keep the language going or serendipitously in Llandimsyniad.

Pob lwc I chi!

9 Likes

Brilliant to hear that you crossed the water safely, Sharon, and good to know that Rob and John (David Andrew) have noticed at least a small part of the progress you made.

I had a stunningly good week, thanks to all of you, and was really pleased with the whole experience.

The jar of peas had a real drubbing this time, so there’s a whole new chapter to be written of the Bootcamp Welsh Grammar book, and you were all absolute stars.

9 Likes

Heia pawb!

I’m writing this sitting in the plane that takes be back to Yr Almaen, thinking “nooooo this thing is moving in the wrong direction!!”

The week was absolutely amazing and… way too short.
I don’t really know what else to say (maybe partly because I’m now thinking dairieithog (am I supposed to mutate that?? (If that’s even a word)), which is kind of confusing).
But I’m sure you all know what I mean. It was ardderchog.

@Iestyn @Deborah-SSi Diolch o’r galon am bopeth!!

*** PS: There is a nice gwesty, gwesty Susanna, am ddim wrth gwrs, in Berlin (incl. a private Berlin-Guide who (kind of) speaks Cymraeg).
So, if anyone of you wants to visit Berlin, you are very very welcome! And I’m not just saying this, I MEAN it. I actually DO have a spare room :smile: :wink:

@Iestyn don’t forget to text/phone/skype/whatever me about the video(s), I’m wrth fy modd if I can help.

And would you give the girls a sws from me plîs? :two_hearts:

@Nicky diolch yn fawr! It was great sgwrsing (is that a word??) with you in Y Cwps! What a nice end-of-the-week experience!

The plane has just landed. Guess that means “nôl i’r byd go iawn”… tan y tro nesaf!

9 Likes