*Sold Out!* Bwtcamp 21-28 April 2018!

In case it’s of use to anyone on their way to Tresaith, some bus routes are free at the weekends:
http://www.trawscymru.info/

1 Like

Bracing, yes, but warmer than winter :grinning:

Well… April sea temperatures around the UK are the same as for January. Still, I‘ve only known it snow once on April 21 (1962?) so it should be less hostile when you get out. I‘ve a dog who’d join you.

1 Like

I could possibly pick up bus passengers at Aberaeron.

1 Like

Hi @lynneedwards thanks so much for the offer, that might be really helpful for me, as the buses are way more doable to Aberaeron than Tresaith :blush: . @Hendrik might be coming that way too.
Shall I get in touch nearer the time when I know what train and buses I’m getting?

1 Like

Yes, do. Aberaeron is the obvious bus destination if you are coming long-distance. Getting onto the local service for Tresaith could be a real pain.

1 Like

Or the Cardigan bus, if that turns out more convenient.

I’ve been looking into different ways of how to get to and from Wales, and thanks to Sylvie and Lynne things are starting to take shape.

Now, in order to plan the return journey I wanted to know… when is the “official end” of bwtcamp? I assume that Friday night is the last night we stay in Tresaith, and that we then get ready to journey home on Saturday 28th, maybe after a last brecwast gyda’n gilydd? Or are there some activities planned for that Saturday?

1 Like

I can’t find it now, but somewhere I got the idea that bootcamps end somewhere around 10am on that last Saturday. I’m sure it is at least a bit flexible, but that should be a good planning point.

Looking forward to seeing/meeting people at Tresaith. (A little petrified, too.)

2 Likes

@Hendrik. My understanding is 10:00am too. I am sure somebody will get you and @Sylv to a bus/train. I will if nobody is going your way.

About pick-up points on 21 April, I always think of Aberaeron for buses. But your quickest journey to Tresaith would probably be to go to Newcastle Emlyn ( the Carmarthen to Cardigan bus goes through there, and there may be others). Then we would go across country to Tresaith - one side of a triangle instead of two. Just let me know in April.

2 Likes

Okay, April Bootcampers! (We seem to still be missing two people; hopefully we’ll hear from the last two soon?)

I have a proposal for us. I recently made myself a sweatshirt using the old tagline from Forum Wales (which is apparently no longer functioning). That tagline is “Cadw’r Ddraig yn Fyw” and it makes sense to have a nice red dragon image with it. I liked the result so much that I thought it would be fun for all of us at bootcamp to have a t-shirt with that image on it. Here’s the design as it currently exists:

I can get them made and bring them to bootcamp, but I need to know what size each of you would wear. It’s a basic (unisex) t-shirt with sizes from small to 3X-large (I have a size chart, if anyone wants to refer to it). Please let me know if you would like a shirt, and what size. (You can contact me by PM if you wish.) Thanks!

6 Likes

There are no actual activities on the Saturday morning, and Sionned is right that we usually finish up at around 10ish, after breakfast together and any last minute tidying up.

Iestyn usually likes to sum up the week and allow people to go back into English just before they leave, just in case someone has been burning to say something all week but couldn’t manage it in Welsh and is ready to burst by the Saturday morning :wink:

4 Likes

If anyone is coming down from Aberystwyth by bus, there is a stop outside Cafe Emlyn in Tan-y-groes, and I usually pop up in the car and collect them if I know which bus they’re on.

3 Likes

I absolutely have to have one of those! That’s gorgeous! I’ll PM you.

1 Like

Shwmae Pawb!

Sean dw i. I am living in London but originally from the Valleys in South Wales, a place called Maesteg near Bridgend. I have been learning Welsh since September just gone and found myself somehow compelled to work through it and enjoying it so much also. I worked through the new courses initially before going onto the old courses and today in fact finished the old course 2 and started the vocab units. Apart from a little Welsh learning in school - and I mean “little” - I have never learned Welsh before but found that learning it has resonated deeply with me and I’m very excited to speak it with you all and put the English away for the first time in my life :slight_smile: I’ve had some conversations with people on skype as a way of speaking Welsh and have also just started going to the Thursday conversation club at the London Welsh Centre to get some real speaking and listening practice.

I work as a teacher/tutor in London but also as an actor. I love working in theatre particularly and studied acting recently for a few years in Paris. When I went to university in my early 20s I studied philosophy but slowly realised that I wanted to act much more than talk about the meaning of life :slight_smile: Does the meaning of life ever come up at bootcamp?!

In my spare time - of which there is none usually - I read a lot, write, and do yoga and boxing and like some other people on here am a lover of coffee.

Am very excited to meet you all!

8 Likes

Oo yes @lynneedwards Emlyn is even better, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is already shaping up to be a brilliant bootcamp. What an interesting bunch you are already turning out to be!

That’s a comon enough feeling, and one that generally disappears within an hour or so of meeting the other bwtcamp victims (did I say that? I meant attendees…!) in the flesh.

IE, once you start speaking Welsh, you no longer have time to feel petrified - it just sort of happens and after a bit it becomes normal!

Oh yes, all the time!

4 Likes

I would love one… my size is Large.

[quote=“johndray, post:98, topic:10218, full:true”]
I would love one… my size is Large.[/quote]
Great! Hopefully more of us would like t-shirts (see above)? I’ve only heard from a few so far and need to have them ordered by early March. You can post here or send me a PM.

Looking forward to meeting you all in person!

2 Likes

Bad news (and good news for someone!).

Tudor has had to drop out of the April event, which means that there is one more place available. Click here to book: https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201804210000/qd5

Book it quickly!

1 Like

I’ve signed up!

2 Likes