*Sold Out!* Bwtcamp 21-28 April 2018!

Dee just pointed it out a few posts back, but for anyone interested - yes…

We run a monthly meetup in Ceredigion that moves around every month, we’ve a solid core of regulars now - and we also attract 1 or 2 newbies every time.

Given that a bootcamp was happening right on our doorsteps - and it lined up conveniently with our monthly meetup - it would’ve seemed a shame not to do it.

So if anyone fancies an extra hour or two’s chat before actually leaving Ceredigion - we will be meeting at Caffi Emlyn at 11am on the final Saturday - which you will all know by then, as I believe a few of your activities during the week may lead you up there.

Your head will be killing with the amount of Welsh and coffee you’ve drunk during the week, so why not combine all of that with a bit more Welsh and a bit more coffee hey?

There’s usually a good 7-10 of us there, so would be nice to have a few honourary Clonc-edigionners before you leave and go off back home.

4 Likes

Hi all.

I have a medium sized old Rover with a boot (not hatch) so depends how light you’re all packing! If everyone had the equivalent of say a flight handluggage bag then 4 of us would fit!

2 Likes

Ok great, I’m in. Thanks :). I’ll just have a little rucksack I can put on my lap if needs be. I’ll send you a pm with my details:+1:

1 Like

I live in Ceredigion and could do with people to speak to, but Saturday mornings are no good for me. I work in the Red Cross Shop in Aberaeron on Saurday afternoons and mornings are taken up by walking the dogs first.

OK. Let me know what time.

The bus stops by the Cattle Market and car park on New Road. There’s also an “Antique Centre” and a car tyre fitting place just near the bus stop. Will PM you my telephone number in case of delays or if we can’t find each other.

Lynne

1 Like

My bag is just slightly bigger than a hand luggage bag, so hopefully should fit.

My luggage will definitely be bigger than that, so I just wanted to give you the feedback that I’m sticking to the original plan of going by train (and bus) to be picked up in Newcastle Emlyn by @lynneedwards.

1 Like

Hi Lynne,

I don’t know how convenient Aberystwyth on a Wednesday is for you, but we’ve got a group who meet up every Wednesday morning in Siop y Pethe from 11.30am, usually until about 1pm.

There’s also a group that meet in Home Cafe (Pier Street) every Thursday (11am I think!?) but I don’t go to that one, so have a check before attending :smiley:

1 Like

I see @Nicky has given you a couple of options. Going in the other direction, there is a friendly and lively group that meets in Y Gorffwysfa Pysgotwyr (Fisherman’s Rest) in Aberteifi on Friday mornings, around 11am. You’d be welcome there.

2 Likes

Thanks. Cardigan would suit me better - and I head that way on Wednesdays too, so Aberystwyth on Wednesdays wouldn’t work even if the drive were better. Busy this Friday but will see what I can do after. I’m not a morning person and there are dogs to be walked every day before I can escape.

I will be driving up from Caerbryn (near the Cross Hands roundabout on the A48) to Tresaith on the Saturday. If anyone still needs a lift, then I will have room in the car. Places like Carmarthen, Llandysul, Newcastle Emlyn are likely to be on the way. There are several possible routes, and I am happy to be flexible in my choice of directions depending on who needs a lift. (Swansea and Cardiff and Llundain are not counted as ‘on the way’… people!)

2 Likes

I’ve been vascillating back and forth whether to take my own guitar or not, and right now I am leaning very heavily towards not taking it. So coming back to @Iestyn’s idea: is there anybody local who can help me out with a guitar? I’m not picky, I’ll glady strum on any 6-string, nylon or steel, 'sdim ots 'da fi :slight_smile:

Tan wythnos nesaf! Until next week!

April Bwtcamp - last minute place available

To book a place, click here: https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201804210000/qd5

If anyone is wondering about Bwtcamp, and doesn;t fancy waiting til June, there is one more place suddenly available for April.

Let me know ASAP to grab the place!

1 Like

Shw mae Hendrik?

I have put some feelers out, and will let you know what success I have.

How are you set for duvet / sleeping bag and towels?

Iestyn

Thanks for putting your feelers out, we’ll see what happens!

As for the other things, thanks for asking, but I’m all set on that front. My luggage is large enough for me to bring what’s needed :slight_smile:

Cyn bo hir, wi ffili aros!

I’m fixed from Cardiff - thanks again!

Hi @johndray, I might need a lift from Tresaith to Llandysul-ish after Bwtcamp, but I’ll ask you again when we’re at Bwtcamp and my plans are firmer, thanks!

That could well be possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even though I’m watching this topic I don’t get notifications. I wonder why not. There must be some setting over-riding it.

Anyway, I have a last minute problem with dog care next week, but since I am local I am not dropping out. It will, though, mean a lot of unwelcome to-ing and fro-ing, or dragging them along to sit in my campervan, depending on what we are doing.

They can stay at home Saturday afternoon/evening so I’ll be in my aged CRV to pick up Hendrik in Newcastle Emlyn.

[quote=“lynneedwards, post:140, topic:10218”]
so I’ll be in my aged CRV to pick up Hendrik in Newcastle Emlyn[/quote]
Under the changed circumstances, would it be better for you if I found another ride? Maybe @johndray, he was offering, too.