*Sold out* Bwtcamp 23-30 June 2018!

Hi Iestyn, I booked a few days ago. Hope I’m not the one who hasn’t paid yet. Please can you confirm I’m in? Don’t want to miss out!
Thanks
Sara (as in hayessaral@yahoo.co.uk)

1 Like

That can sometimes happen if you have a password manager or other type of autofill software turned on.

2 Likes

@Macky perfect summary of a fantastic Bwtamp, my feelings exactly :star2:

Hope you all have fun in June, remember to embrace your mistakes, and get stuck into to every opportunity to can to have fun and the welsh will sort itself out.

5 Likes

I was recently (yesterday) talking with someone who was considering learning Welsh. She said that she was thinking about going for an online course. I asked if it was SSIW, she said ‘yes’. I just said ‘go for it, it’s life-changing.’

I have to agree with the other comments. I am actually thinking in Welsh, without having to refer back to English in some conversations. Diolch yn fawr i bawb!

6 Likes

Hi Iestyn, I have booked for the bwtcamp and am now trying not to panic about practicalities. I can get to Aberystwyth for £55 return if I book now but it has to be for fixed times dates, and as I am without car or local knowledge of Aberystwyth/Tresaith I am feeling a bit stuck. I am not much up on computer search and train ticket booking so I was going to go down to the local railway booking office (again). I had thought I might bring a bike, but I doubt I am fit enough for distance. Even so, I am looking forward to this plunge into the unknown and it is (no doubt) very good for me on many levels… :upside_down_face::confused::slightly_smiling_face::grinning:

1 Like

Tagging @Iestyn to make sure he sees this… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where are you travelling from?

Hi PhilgJones! I am at Junction 2 of M5, but nearest rail station relevant are bus to Sandwell and Dudley, or bus to Woverhampton or bus to Brum New Street. I am familiar with the Abersystwyth line and can get a single train all through to Aberystwyth or there’ll be an easy change at Shrewsbury and or Wolves.

I am planning to drive over, but nowhere near you I’m afraid. I shall be coming over the Severn Bridge. Anyway, look forward to seeing you there.

1 Like

Thank you anyway. I’ll be attempting to attend the SSiW party in Carmarthen beforehand. That way I get to see the landscape of S. Wales a bit as well this June.

Diolch @aran

1 Like

Shw mae, Lorna?

There is am hourly bus from Aberystwyth to Aberteifi / Cardigan which passes through TanyGroes, which is walking distance to Tresaith. But when people come that way we usually arrange for someone to drive up to TanyGroes and collect, as luggage etc makes the walk a bit tough!

The service is the T5, although I see that the helpful online timetable is only valid until the 5/5/18. Once it’s updated, you’ll see it’s pretty straightforward. We’ve had a lot of bwtcampers use it.

Added bonus: I believe that it’s free on the weekend.

Don’t panic about practicalities, by the way. Most people will tell you it is between extremely difficult and impossible to learn Welsh, so mere practicalities are nothing to what you’ve already achieved. We’ll get past anything except a direct meteor strike.

2 Likes

Thanks for immediate response, that helps a lot with planning. I think it best I get “open return” (with outward simply the first possibly trin to Aberystwyth) under this circumstances. Bus details I can then sort out later. Weight and shape of baggage will matter. Will bring wheely suitcase though because I am bringing a sphero.

@Iestyn Iestyn -thank you for taking away panic/dauntedness. I fear not immersion in any language. I only fear the necessary exposure of my human frailties…

The bus station is just outside Aberystwyth station so that is an easy transfer.
The T5 timetables are fairly reliable i think.

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr!

Thinking about it. I is will be driving up from Cardiff, so potentially could pick peeps up on the way?

Helo pawb! I am travelling to boot camp from Cardiff too. Anyone else coming from this part of Wales? Perhaps we could go together to minimise car miles? Happy to drive or contribute to costs, whichever works best.
Sara

2 Likes

Hi Sarah,

I will be driving over from the Bristol area so am happy to do a pick up on the way.

Phil Jones

1 Like

This sounds like a great idea. We could even get three together.
The other thing is that Tresaith is fairly isolated and we may need enough cars to help transport the other bwtcampers around on any day trips. Perhaps we should wait and see how the cars : peeps ratio for Tresaith works out.