[SOLD OUT] SSiW's BIG 10th Birthday Party

Me and my big mouth - it’s currently looking as though it’s going to be sold out before I get back from NAFOW at the start of September. This is NOT a drill! If you want to be there for the first ever SSiW full weekend party, please please don’t hang about.

Ugh. I’m already NOT looking forward to having lovely members of the community PM me when it’s too late… I know there are just bound to be some, and I hate having to say no.

Maybe I should just stop talking about it now, and try and let this thread sink into oblivion… :wink:

1 Like

If you’re offering to take passengers up after a single flying lesson, I can supply you with a list of people the world could more easily spare than Aran and Catrin!

9 Likes

That made me chuckle out loud… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve booked my ticket and accom!

Debated to myself these last few days whether I’d be too nervous or not to attend…however, came to realise if I am going to be a Welsh speaker then I’ve got to throw myself in (not literally) to these experiences and opportunities :fearful:

Think I’d be interested in the bwtcamp too!

3 Likes

If you’re feeling at all out of your depth, come and find me (short woman, dreadlocks, I’ll probably be falling over or bumping into something) and I promise I’ll not only be patient with you but I’ll say something more stupid than you can manage to come up with.

But I can guarantee that before you reach me, a whole heap of people will have made you feel at ease. Nerves are not required. But respect for taking the leap! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I second what @Isata said, I don’t have dreadlocks (or any hair on my head at all actually) but I do have a stupid beard you can look out for. The Friday is going to be a lot more informal (not that Saturday night will be formal in any way apart from the odd suit and frock) so by the time of the “main” party you’ll be like one of the family. And besides, there’s still over 10 months to go to change your mind as many times as you like. You’ll be there and you’ll love it.

4 Likes

it will be exhilarating once you learn how to enjoy that out of your depth/paddling hard under the water sort of feeling!

4 Likes

I don’t have a beard. Seems like one person can’t achieve everything…

I had no idea you had no head hair and I’ve met you more than once. Do you always wear a hat, or is my inability to remember faces really that bad? … Well, it is that bad, but I’m curious to know whether I’ve missed noticing that someone is bald. Or wearing a hat, for that matter.

3 Likes

Have you tried growing one, I mean really tried, you never know. My gran managed it.

I’m as bald as a coot (who aren’t actually bald so I guess I’m balder than a coot) which means you were too disracted by the stupid beard to notice. Nice one.

4 Likes

Oh, I don’t need a beard to distract me. If I meet someone, I can rarely report afterwards what they were wearing, whether they had glasses, or a moustache, etc. I’ve even been known to not recognise my own children in the street (they won’t let me forget it, either). Luckily, I’m very good at recognising voices, and I don’t deny that a distinctive facial feature (such as a very long beard) does help!

1 Like

So witness statements aren’t really your forte then. Good to know.

3 Likes

Glad to know it’s not just me! :slight_smile:

It was my sister in my case and the same thing, she won’t let me forget it!

2 Likes

As well as all the other lovely support you’ve already had - it might be worth knowing that this year, the party is going to begin a little earlier than usual.

By which I mean, as soon as we close the doors on tickets (19 places currently left, and I’m thinking of putting a hard deadline on it pretty soon) we’re going to be into the beginnings of a journey of discovery before we even get to Caernarfon.

Parti 10 is about celebrating what our learners achieve, and recognising the support that Welsh speakers give them - but it’s also about celebrating this community, and making sure that we all come away from the weekend with new friends and new connections, as well as wonderful time spent with old friends.

To help make sure that happens, we’re going to be starting a range of different build-ups to the party in the VERY near future… :slight_smile:

There aren’t going to be any wallflowers in Caernarfon, I promise you that much… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Ha! I did that once. Mistook a policewoman for a (male) bank robber. But I’m going distinctly off-topic…[quote=“johnwilliams_6, post:194, topic:13035”]
It was my sister in my case and the same thing, she won’t let me forget it!
[/quote]

Some people are so hung up on details, aren’t they?

6 Likes

This conversation is going to be among my all-time Forum Favourites.

5 Likes

Oh, :sob: that means I won’t be able to wear my best flowery jacket!

3 Likes

I would love to hear about that, even if it means starting a new topic.

I am now hoping that you didn’t notice that I had spilled coffee all down my shirt…

Sue

2 Likes

No, please wear it. Please.

On a completely different topic … they say that laughter is good for the soul.

Maybe we should have a “whacky suit/frock” competition on the night.

4 Likes

No, no, I am not wearing my flowery frock!

3 Likes

Spoil sport.

4 Likes