[SOLD OUT] SSiW's BIG 10th Birthday Party

Maybe it’s useful small talk for the party:
“The weather’s been nice.”
“Lovely canapes.”
“Yes, have you heard about the time I mistook a policewoman for a bank robber?”

@peterallen - frock or jacket, I’m sure you’ll look lovely. But if you turn up in anything that isn’t flowery, I shall be very disappointed.

5 Likes

If I did wear my flowery frock and my flowery jacket together on the night that would be another useful bit of small talk (for others). Can you imagine people pointing to me and saying, ’ what a strange man, doesn’t he realise that a flowery jacket and a flowery frock is just so wrong together’.

3 Likes

Everyone’s a critic, Peter. Just hold your head up high.

1 Like

Seconded! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would they need to be the same type of flowery? Is there some kind of rule one should be aware of? Could you mix two different flower pattern fabrics in the same outfit?

Asking for a friend.

3 Likes

Stomp, stomp! Toys out of pram. Decided to abandon my flowery frock idea and have just collected my grey suit from the dry cleaners in time for next year’s partying. I will, however, take @Isata 's advice and have decided on a great idea to still allow me to hold my head as high as possible. Heels!

2 Likes

@Isata @gruntius…guess i’d best learn the Cymraeg for dreadlocks and long beard so I can at least talk and mention these during the weekend with you!

Really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to know you all. Thanks for the messages :slight_smile:

@aran looking forward to the build ups that you’ve got planned for us all!

3 Likes

Are we talking 6" Jimmy Choos or just the Cuban heels I wore in the 70s to push me over the six foot mark? :laughing:

Either way, with your heels and my gown …

“should I wear a feathery Ginger Rogers gown? :dress:

… we should cut quite a dash. :smile:

2 Likes

@Isata @gruntius…guess i’d best learn the Cymraeg for dreadlocks and long beard so I can at least talk and mention these during the weekend with you!

Really looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to know you all. Thanks for the messages :slight_smile:

@aran looking forward to the build ups that you’ve got planned for us all!

@gkfbux - just to reassure you, I went to my first SSiW party at Caernarfon a couple of years ago knowing no one apart from Aran and Catrin and everyone was really friendly. So you’ll be fine, honest :slight_smile: Look forward to seeing you next May!

3 Likes

Just 12 places left now - and I’m getting occasional emails asking when the booking is going to be open! :scream:

If you know anyone you think might want to come, do please make sure they know that booking has been open for a while, is open right now, and will be sold out in the pretty near future (at which point, it’ll be a matter of waiting list and crossed fingers)…

@Catriona @KateM have you got your tickets ladies? I know you both said you were on holiday for a while just before booking opened!

1 Like

Eeek! I would love to come, especially as it’s ‘my’ part of Wales. So hard to know so far in advance if I can get away, but I’ve taken the plunge and paid the deposit!!!

Thank you, @siaronjames

2 Likes

I was thinking that I’d put the end of September as a closing date for booking - so that we can start doing the pre-party fun stuff nice and early… but at this rate, we’ll be lucky if there are any places left by the end of August… :slight_smile:

Just checking the forum for the first time in 3 weeks from Vancouver airport - will try and book now, thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Eek! And there was me hoping I could lurk in a dark corner somewhere and do a bit of quiet people watching.

2 Likes

I’m in. Deposit paid and accommodation booked :grinning:

7 Likes

At the current rate, we’ve got a couple of days left before this is sold out.

Deposit paid, just need somewhere to pitch the van now…

2 Likes

Only one place left. :grimacing:

1 Like

Oops. That didn’t age well… :flushed: :slight_smile:

1 Like