Some Speaking Practice

Is there anywhere on this forum where I can partake in some speaking practice. I don’t use soundcloud

Not so much on this forum, although it is possible to swap skpe/phone details with others (best done in a private message though), but we do have a group on Slack called WSP (Welsh Speaking Practice) where you can have group chats or one-to-one chats with learners and speakers all over the world. To join that group, just email admin@saysomethingin.com for an invite.
If you mean recorded speaking practise, we only use Soundcloud as a stepping-stone for uploading recorded pieces for the ‘coloured bubbles’ tasks, but although a useful learning tool, this is entirely optional, and Soundcloud isn’t always particularly easy to use - our tech guys are working on an in-house solution, but it’s not here yet.

Diolch Siaron. I’ll check out the Slack WSP

1 Like

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but there is a thread where people are posting soundcloud sentences and ‘earning’ coloured badges. Is this something relating to a particular course? (I have just re-joined ssiw after a long break and am, at present, revising level two.)

Yes, these are extra tasks that are given out in the structured courses, but you can also do them whenever you want if you’re on a standard subscription :slight_smile: Pink, red, green, blue and beyond... what do they mean?

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying it. As i am on the standard course I presume if O gove it a go I don’t get the badges!

1 Like

I have a badge and I have a standard subscription. Yes, if you put your tasks where they can be found then you should get your badges. If by any chance they don’t notice then you could always e-mail. Have a go!
Sue

2 Likes

Thanks Sue.