South East Cornwall Meet-up

Awesome! We’d love to hear how they go here on the forum - and to see any pictures you take… :star: :star2:

1 Like

Hi, I would love to come along sometime soon. I’m assuming Looe meetings are still in full swing… I’m very very new to this Welsh thing so not sure how much I would be able to contribute. Are you all amazing fluent speakers or is there room for a newby? Paul.

3 Likes

This is a very new SSiW meetup, @Paul, and I’m sure the group would be pleased to welcome you along.

1 Like

Bore da Paul. Bydd croeso MAWR ichi yn y cyfarfodydd.
Bydd yr un nesaf Dydd Mercher 11 Hydref, 10:30am yn y Island View Cafe, West Looe.
Morning Paul, there will be a big welcome for you (or any other learners or speakers) in the meetings. The next one is this Wed at 10:30am at Island View Cafe, West Looe. There is free car parking along the sea front by the cafe, which is next to the tennis courts at Marine Drive, West Looe. Its a small group, 2 of us are regulars, with a few others expressing interest in coming along. We are all Welsh learners. We look forward to meeting you!

3 Likes

Shwmai! Bydd y cyfarfod nesaf SSiW SE Cornwall yn dechreu am 10:30am bore dydd Iau, wythnos yma, yn Island View Cafe, West Looe. Os 'dach chi’n meddwl am dod, os gwelwch yn dda, allwch chi anfon ebost imi? Diolch.

Lillian@environomics.co.uk

The next meeting of our small, but very dedicated SSiW SE Cornwall group will take place this Thursday, 26 October at 10:30am at the Island View Cafe, West Looe. If you are thinking about coming over, please contact me first, to check that it’s going ahead. Thanks!

1 Like

Shwmai eto. Bydd y cyfarfod nesaf SSiW SE Cornwall yn dechreu am 10:30am bore dydd Mercher, 15 Tachwedd, yn y Cornish Bakery yn Fore Street, Looe.

Os 'dach chi’n meddwl am dod, os gwelwch yn dda, allwch chi anfon neges i mi?

Lillian@environomics.co.uk

Diolch, bydd yn dda iawn i gael bobl newydd Cymraeg yn ein grwp ni.

Hwyl, Lillian

1 Like

Could you provide a translation into English, please, so that even those learners who aren’t good at reading Welsh can understand your message and feel welcome?

1 Like

Sorry Philip. My mistake, in haste yesterday.
The next get together of the SE Cornwall group will be on Wed 15th November, starting at 10:30AM at the Cornish Bakery, Fore Street, Looe.
All Welsh learners (of any standard) and speakers welcome!

2 Likes

Just a request please @LillianMSH - if you post a change of any sort to the meetups, would you mind tagging me - @dee - so I get alerted and I know to pop a message in the weekly email? I’ve spotted it this time, but I might not always see it.

Diolch! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Dee, SE Cornwall meetings will not be in the same place during winter as the coastal summer cafes have all closed, so we are checking out suitable venues for the winter.
Also due due my work commitments, they won’t necessarily be every other Wed. How do I ‘tag you’?

1 Like

To tag someone, just write their name with the “at” symbol in front, fel hyn: @LillianMSH
When someone is mentioned like this anywhere in a post, they will get a notification (kind of like on Twitter).

4 Likes

Bore da! Bydd y cyfarfod nesaf SE Cornwall ar dydd Llun 27 Tachwedd yn y Cornish Bakery, Fore Street, Looe, yn dechreu am 10:30am. Croeso i bawb.
Good morning, the next get together of the small but very dedicated SE Cornwall group will take place on Monday 27 Nov at the Cornish Bakery, Fore Street, Looe, starting at 10:30, all learners and Welsh speakers very welcome.
@Deborah-SSi

2 Likes

Unfortunately the weekly email comes out on a Tuesday, so this will already have happened by the next one. I hope you get a good group together though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bydd y cyfarfod nesaf Dydd Mercher 13 Rhagfyr am hanner awr wedi deg. Hoffwn ni bobl newydd i ymuno i goffi a sqwrs. The next meeting of our small but very keen SSiW group in SE Cornwall will be 13 December at 10:30 in the Cornish Bakery, Fore Street Looe. We would love it if some new people could join us for coffee and a chat in Welsh!

@Deborah-SSi

If any-one would like to join us, but can’t do it on a week day, please let me know and we can arrange one (or do it regularly) on Saturday mornings. Thanks Diolch.

lillian@environomics.co.uk

1 Like

Bydd y cyfarfod nesaf Dydd Mercher 27 Rhagfyr am hanner awr wedi deg. Hoffwn ni bobl newydd i ymuno i goffi a sgwrs. The next meeting of our small but very keen SSiW group in SE Cornwall will be 27 December at 10:30 in the Cornish Bakery, Fore Street Looe. We would love it if some new people could join us for coffee and a chat in Welsh!

@Deborah-SSi

If any-one would like to join us, but can’t do it on a week day, please let me know and we can arrange one (or do it regularly) on Saturday mornings. Thanks, Diolch.

Nadolog llawen i bawb! Happy Christmas!

2 Likes

Bydd y cyfarfod nesaf Dydd Mercher 10 Ionawr am hanner awr wedi deg. Hoffwn ni bobl newydd i ymuno i goffi a sgwrs. The next meeting of our small but very keen SSiW group in SE Cornwall will be 10 January at 10:30 in the Cornish Bakery, Fore Street Looe. We would love it if some new people could join us for coffee and a chat in Welsh!

@Deborah-SSi

If any-one would like to join us, but can’t do it on a week day, please let me know and we can arrange one (or do it regularly) on Saturday mornings. Thanks, Diolch.

1 Like

I’ve added these meetups to the list at the end of the weekly email now, as they are happening regularly. Great work getting them up and running! :star2:

I’ll just change the date and details in the email as new information comes through here.

Bydd y cyfarfod nesaf dydd Mercher 31 Ionawr am hanner awr wedi deg. Hoffwn ni bobl newydd i ymuno i goffi a sgwrs. The next meeting of our small but very keen SSiW group in SE Cornwall will be 31 January at 10:30 in the Cornish Bakery, Fore Street Looe. We would love it if some new people could join us for coffee and a chat in Welsh!

@Deborah-SSi

2 Likes

I’ve put the next one in the weekly email as Feb 14th. I hope that’s right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Dee, yes that is correct Wed 14 Feb at the Cornish Bakery, Fore Street Looe 10:30am start.
Am sgwrs a choffi. Croeso i bawb sy’n siarad neu dysgu Cymraeg.

3 Likes