Spanish Music Videos

We used to have a thread here for Spanish Music but it hasn’t been active for a while, so I’ve started a new one.

Please feel free to post any Spanish music videos that you enjoy. If they show the lyrics, that’s great as it helps everyone to learn, but if not - that’s fine. Just enjoy!

I love this one as it has so many happy people in it :slightly_smiling_face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUsoVlDFqZg

2 Likes

This is a link to the old thread that has some great music videos in it:

Spanish music - Spanish - SSi Forum (saysomethingin.com)

And here’s another happy song for today - this one is Felicidad by Izaro whom I’ve seen performing live here in Vitoria-Gasteiz.

I found this one is very fun. Extremely catchy though so beware. It was filmed during last year’s lockdown period or “cuarentena” in Spain.

1 Like

One of the best Spanish groups (for me, at least) is Amaral. Here’s just one of their videos, but there are plenty more on YouTube.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Why not leave the Peninsula and travel to the Canary Isles, where the traditional music is very lovely. I discovered Los Gofiones some twenty years ago and still enjoy listening to them. Just a few years ago they celebrated their fiftieth anniversary with a special concert. You can watch the whole concert at

and I’m sure you will enjoy it.

They accompany themselves on stringed instruments, one of which is the timple, a traditional instrument of the Canaries, resembling an ukulele, but with five strings and a very rounded back.

Incidentally, the concert was held in el Teatro Pérez Galdós on Gran Canaria, where Los Gofiones held their very first concert in 1959.

2 Likes

Just a hint for those posting videos, it seems if you post the whole YouTube link , it doesn’t post a preview of the video, but if you make sure it just has https://youtu.be/ and then the code, it shows it correctly.

I’ve fixed those above after a friend explained that to me :grinning:

Ah, that explains it! Thank you!

Here’s another energetic and colourful video from Enrique Iglesias

It might be the slower nature of his songs but I find he sings very clearly.

This is a great one if you have young kids like me. Very simple chorus that my two love bouncing around and singing along with

1 Like

In this one Marc Anthony speaks for a little at the beginning in fairly slow Spanish. The lyrics for the song are below in the comments, and they’re not complicated :slight_smile:

As a huge Santana fan from way back, this is one of my all time favourites:

1 Like

Have you heard his Spanish language album Corazón? Some absolute gems in there. His version of La Flaca is brilliant.

1 Like

Ooh, no I haven’t! I’ll definitely have to get my hands on that. I saw him performing live with his band in Perth, Australia once and it was absolute magic. So talented!

Another catchy gem, perfect for the good weather

This is a great lyric video for La Flaca

1 Like

Something a little different, here is a guitarist from Spain who plays classical and flamenco guitar but provides spoken Spanish introductions to each song with a little of the history behind each piece. Very informative and beautiful playing as well.

2 Likes

Really interesting! And I didn’t know the name of that piece, but I recognised the tune when I heard it.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be a Spanish Music Video thread without something from Shakira. This video has the lyrics in Spanish and translated into English, but I have to confess, reading the English translation did make me laugh! Some things that sound OK in Spanish sound very weird in English :rofl: