Speaking Welsh in Llandudno

Great! How is Monday? Is it Deganwy you actually live? I do too so can meet in Castle View if that’s handy?

It sounds to me as though your acquisition is going fine - in fact, I’d like to see more people jump in the deep end like that (and you might find our group for Accelerated Welsh on Facebook interesting, if you’re on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/441099812756153/).

The key for you is absolutely going to be starting to use your Welsh in live situations - and you’re going about this in exactly the right way, by trying to find fellow learners with whom you’ll be able to get the ball rolling. By the time you’ve found a way to get an hour’s conversation every week, you’ll be flying… :sunny:

I love the idea of that group, but I quit Facebook as a New Year’s Revolution. I made 4. Learn Welsh, learn to knit, quit Facebook and get seriously fit. I make them every year, never broken one in 40 years, so a Facebook group is out sorry, pity, but that’s life,

1 Like

Looking forward to my summer trip to the Great Orme even more now.

1 Like

Hi Jenny
Whoops - just picked up this post. I have a family commitment tonight and am working in Coventry tomorrow. We could meet Wednesday if that suits. I’m in Llandudno but can get to Deganwy easily if Castle View suits.
Steve

1 Like

Hi Steve, no worries at all! I’m pretty busy this week now but next week could meet Mon, Tues or Weds next week :smile:

1 Like

Dw i’n byw yn Hen Golwyn a swn i’n lico cael sgwrs anfurfiol hefyd. Dw i’n aleod o’r cymdiethas syn cyfarfod bob bore gwener yn siop Lewis yn Llandudno. Gysylltu a mi os wyt ti isio cyfarfod rhywle i cael sgwrs.

2 Likes

Helo Hugh
Diolch yn fawr am eich neges. Mi faswn yn licio ymarfer siarad cymraeg. Os dach chi isio, anfonwch enw café o lle arall in Hen Golwyn ac amser/dydd a mi fydda I’n gyrru I Hen Golwyn am sgwrs.
Steve

1 Like

Just wondering if people still around in Old Colwyn area? Considering moving there

2 Likes

Hello,
I live in Llandudno but would also be interested in any meet ups locally, including Old Colwyn, although I have only been learning Welsh for about 6 months.
Paul.

hope we can catch up in the future of the house purchase goes well!

Hi Di, I don’t know about Old Colwyn specifically but there’s lots of Welsh learning happening near there, menter iaith groups, lots of learner meet-ups, mostly still on zoom, merched y wawr too. About 25% of people in Deganwy, Conwy, Llandudno Junction speak Welsh. Good luck with your move. Kay

I live in Llandudno and would love to meet up with any other Welsh learners. I have some Welsh speaking friends dotted around North Wales, but don’t have the opportunity to use my Welsh much at the moment. I’m ashamed to say that I pay SSiW every month and haven’t actually done any lessons for months. Please contact me when you’ve moved here. I am free during the day rather than evenings or weekends.

1 Like

Sadly that house purchase fell through Camilla. shame as I would have loved to meet up. Like you I keep paying and rarely do lessons.

Just found this Kay. Rubbish with all things I t. The house purchase fell through.Looks like may move to Milford Haven now and there’s no Welsh there so devastated.

I think you’ll find some Welsh if you look. There’s people all over Britain and the world learning Welsh. Don’t give up! And good luck with the move…

Hi Camsillafu, just seen this again as Di tagged me in a message. Daytime learner groups are starting to happen again, there’s some in Llandudno. Happy to give you info if needed. Kay

Hello I am from Holland, I am going to meet my family 6 7 8 juli.
Does anyone know where I can meet people to practice Welsh nearby Llandudno?

Kind regards

I’ve moved your post here @angela-van-de-velde so people can see more easily where you’re asking about :slight_smile:

Super thanks I am not yet handy :grinning:

1 Like