SSiW[sold out]Party in Caernarfon - 29/04/17 (follow for info + activities)

Will be watching but am working away from home. Could I reserve tickets and cough up the balance at the weekend?

1 Like

Sorry @ali and everyone else! I had to wait for the Galeri to come back to me, which has taken a little longer than anticipated because theyā€™ve had some staff changes at the beginning of the year. But Iā€™ve now had a meeting with the new, very efficient and friendly Catering and Customer Service Manager and all the details are in place. Aran and myself will be putting the booking page together later this afternoon.

2 Likes

Hold your horses, Speedy Gonzalez!

We have a consistent pattern in place now to try and make sure that we are as fair as possible. With 60 places available, 10 of which are reserved for Bootcampers (which may or may not get taken up), 6 +2 possible +4 possible for staff+family, we need to start by offering just 38 places, which might mean some people are going to be disappointed.

So - weā€™ll send out a party invitation to the email list (and to our Facebook page and group) on Friday, letting everyone know that the booking page will go live on the forum at 9pm Monday evening (the party is usually predominantly UK residents, but itā€™s nice to make the timing reasonably possible for our friends in north America and the Antipodes!).

Summary: Iā€™ll post the booking link in here at 9pm next Monday eveningā€¦ :slight_smile:

P.S. Weā€™ve managed to avoid any ticket inflation - itā€™s going to be Ā£20 a head, which I think might be the lowest weā€™ve managed so far?

Ooops! Sorry Catrin! That post was a bit cheeky - the wine had got to me after a week of looking after my granddaughters in Hereford! I thought that perhaps I had missed the posting but couldnā€™t find it anywhere. All straight now about what is going to happen so need to make sure that I am on the ball on Monday next! Thanks!

1 Like

Not cheeky at all, Ali! I was very aware that Iā€™d promised something with a specific time frame attached to it and failed to deliver. So you were right to poke - thank you!

I empathise passionately with the mixture of ā€˜a week of children and wineā€™ā€¦ :joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Unfortunately I wonā€™t be able to come, even at that very generous price! Weā€™re moving house in the next couple of weeks and have a wedding to pay for, also, planning to go to the eisteddfod, so weā€™re being frugal and have to make choices :frowning:

Gobeithio na iā€™ch gweld chi yn fuan!

1 Like

Well hope to see you at the eisteddfod.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a terrible cough and was up half the night, so set my alarm for 9 and was duly woken from a deep sleep. After searching the site for 10 mins I checked the email. Itā€™s 9 pm. :blush:

1 Like

Sorry about that!

Busy doing my best to remember 9pm myself - since Iā€™ve had to come down to my motherā€™s for a couple of nights at short notice.

Should all be good, thoughā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not your fault. I should read my emails more carefullyšŸ˜ Trust everything is ok with your mother.

2 Likes

Itā€™s weird writing the weekly email before the booking opens, but knowing that it will go out after the booking has opened. I will pop back in here in the morning though and give an update ā€¦ if there are any places left!

2 Likes

An hour to go!

[Donā€™t forget to post the link at 9pm, Jones. Donā€™t forget. Donā€™t forget!]

1 Like

If Iā€™m unlucky enough to miss out on two tickets youā€™ll see us staring through the windows on the evening, I booked the hotel back on the 16th October so I wonā€™t be missing a night out. :blush:

I could get a meal in ā€œY Blasā€ I guess.

7 Likes

Here you go, folks:

https://v1.bookwhen.com/he4qc/201704291700/t44

Looking forward to seeing you in Caernarfon! :slight_smile: :star: :star2:

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing you, too :grinning:

2 Likes

Whoo-hoo!

Down to the last few tickets now - but there will be a waiting list, so worth signing up for that if youā€™re not quite in timeā€¦ :slight_smile:

Wow, mad panic there. First I couldnā€™t get into my email, then link didnā€™t work on my gmail app. Managed to log in on laptop and get link to work only to find I needed a PayPal account. Anyway, got there in the end so looking forward to seeing you all there on the 29th.

3 Likes

Good work! Looking forward to seeing you thereā€¦ :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Should probably have asked this earlier, but what do those of us who are Bootcamping need to do? Book using the link above too?

Nope, weā€™re keeping 10 tickets for the northern Bootcampers - part of the Bootcamp offer for this year was to reserve tickets for those of you whoā€™d like to stay on for the partyā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes