SSiW[sold out]Party in Caernarfon - 29/04/17 (follow for info + activities)

Message for @siaronjames, brilliant guide to parking in the bootcamp thread, is it possible to replicate it here please? :wink:

Does anyone going to the party and stopping overnight in Cā€™narfon have any plans for the afternoon before and the next morning/day?

2 Likes

Replicated as requested! :smiley: (but tweaked slightly to reflect party venue!)
For anyone wanting directions, it will be handy to know which direction youā€™ll be coming from - rather than give you directions the whole way, Iā€™ll be able to give you a landmark to look out for as you get to Caernarfon itself and then directions to the car park of your choice and/or Galeri from there. (or if anyone is coming in on a bus, and needs walking directions from the bus stopā€¦!)

As for parking, most of the streets have time limits on the parking and you need to be jolly lucky to nab a space on any of the few without restrictions, so here is an idea of the main car parks and their proximity to Galeri (marked by yellow rectangle!). The green stars are the long stay car parks. The orange stars are the short stay ones and the yellow star is the ā€˜freeā€™ car park at Morrisons supermarket - itā€™s a big car park and, although there are time limit signs, people do seem to leave their cars there all day, but I say this with no guarantee that youā€™ll get away with it, itā€™s just an ā€˜at your own riskā€™ option!
The charges for the council sites are:
Short stay - Ā£1 up to 1hr / Ā£2 up to 2hrs / Ā£3 up to 3 hrs / Ā£4 up to 4hrs / Ā£7 over 4 hrs
Long stay - Ā£2 up to 4 hrs / Ā£3 up to 8 hrs / Ā£4 up to 12hrs / Ā£5 up to 24hrs

5 Likes

Siaron, ti yn seren aur! Diolch!!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A definite yes from us, Geraint. I will give it some thought and post any bright ideas here soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Party book exchange!

By the way, Iā€™m planning on setting up a book exchange table at the party. Basically, bring a book, take a book. So if you have any Welsh language books you no longer need, which you would like to pass on to another siaradwr Cymraeg newydd, then please bring it/them along. The only condition is, that there are no books left at the end of the evening! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Brilliant idea!

Thatā€™s a brilliant idea Catrin, I have loads (35 to be exact) Welsh books that Iā€™ve read but I am really OCD about them. I always buy new and I keep hold of them for ever. BUT I will bring in all my Lingo Newydd magazines for the table if thatā€™s ok.

3 Likes

Gwych, diolch! That sounds great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope they are in alphabetical order. Butā€¦by author or by title or by ISBN number? :wink:

They are in the order in which I read them so I can one day go back through them in the same order. (I doubt this will ever happen because I keep buying more to read. Iā€™ve just ordered Ā£60 worth from Siop Cwlwm :astonished:)

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be in Caernarfon from the end of Bwtcamp up to the party, so will be interested in any ideas. However Iā€™m an introvert and will probably really need some time for myself to recharge after an intensely social week!

2 Likes

Iā€™m going but Iā€™m not entirely sure where Iā€™m staying cos Iā€™ve only just got my ticket - might bring the house on wheels, might be lucky with a b&b. I live in Portsmouth and am travelling in an empty car (7 seats!), so if anyone would like a lift/share transport, Iā€™d be happy for some company.
Any takers?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve only just got my ticket

Is there a ticket? I think Iā€™ve only got a Paypal receipt. Will that do? :worried:

Weā€™ll have bouncers on the door to make sure Hewrop is kept out, er, sorry, I mean welcomed inā€¦:wink:

1 Like

Hewrop, Iā€™ll distract the bouncers with a false lookey-likey beard while you sneak past the bouncers in a long trench coat, a sombrero and a carnation. Drop the carnation as you go in so that I can see you succeeded. Iā€™ll then run off and ditch the disguise.
Sorted! What could possibly go wrong?

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a few books I can bring along, but they include grammar and learners ā€˜text booksā€™ - as long as @aran doesnā€™t slap my wrist for encouraging ā€˜old-fashioned-reading-and-writingā€™ learning materials!

Iā€™m also happy to pass on three novels to anyone brave enough to attempt reading ā€˜Ffestiniog Welshā€™ - probably not for the fainthearted though, you have been warned!

3 Likes

Almost eight years (!) of the SSIW community, and Iā€™ve still never made it to a parti. One of these years Iā€™ll sneak in the back doorā€¦

3 Likes

Or weā€™ll have to arrange a party over the pondā€¦:wink:

2 Likes

That would be AWESOME! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking for a while that if we could drum up enough interest for one or two of our pricier 5 day crash courses, that would let us come over for long enough to do a Bootcamp or two as well, at normal Bootcamp prices - and then throw a party or two into the mixā€¦

If we could arrange all the different complications with dogs and houses and mothers and mothers-in-law and suchlike stuffā€¦ who knows, maybe next yearā€¦ :slight_smile:

4 Likes