SSiWers and Welsh second language WJEC CBAC exams

Llongyfarchiadau everyone! I also took the Uwch exam. While I often have fairly complex conversations with people now and then, I’ve really struggled during the pandemic to speak it most days. But I got 105/120 despite being rustier than a year or so ago, which just speaks volumes about the SSiW method!

11 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau pawb! I sat the Canolradd exam and got 143/160. I owe a lot to the superhuman patience and encouragement of @nia.llywelyn and the other siaradwyr when I started out and I had to ask everyone to repeat everything they said 3 or 4 times - would have quite understood if people had felt like clubbing me senseless with their Welsh dictionaries. Well done to @Cetra , who I also remember giving me a lot of encouragement when I was starting out as a speaker.

9 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau pawb. I did the Canolradd exam and got 114 out of 160 which I was happy with.

8 Likes

@gisella-albertini SSiW equips one to be equal to any oral test with the likelihood of achieving a very satisfactory outcome. However, when it comes to the written part of the exam one is faced with the problem of never formally having studied the underlying foundation of the language, namely, the grammar, in SSiW. This I think might make it difficult. However, there are past exam papers available on line so I suggest you have a look at one of those at the appropriate level to see what you think. Google CBAC past papers and you should find what you’re looking for

4 Likes