Struggling with the speed of challenge two

Hello everyone, just started the six month course and it has taken me three attempts to get through challenge 1 and challenge 2 is even more difficult, I find I am forgetting what the english sentence was … is this usual ???

Hi Mark!

I think it’s normal! I’ve seen many people asking the same question (others probably just suffer in silence :stuck_out_tongue: ).

It used to be too much and too fast for me too but I promise it’ll get better if you accept a certain level of discomfort and stick with the course. I think it made my short term memory and my reaction time better!

You just need to get used to the course and find your own tempo. Mark my words, you’ll yet fly through some challenges!

1 Like

Hi Mark,

As Irina says, this is quite normal.

Have a look a;so at this following thread for discussion on the same thing…

Hello Mark! I found for the first 2-3 challenges that I sometimes forgot the English sentence, as though reaching for the Welsh words I needed would push the memory of the English out of my head.

Curiously, I found it got better at some point. By the time I finished challenge 5 I was remembering the English sentences no problem most of the time. My suspicion is that it’s just to do with the unfamiliarity of learning in this way, and your brain gets used to it after a while.

Also, you tend to get the same phrases recurring a lot, so I think after a while you don’t need to try and remember anymore because they become familiar.

In short, you’re not the only one, and don’t worry about it. :slight_smile:

1 Like