Superb video messages from Anthony, Deborah, Kai, Geraint, Sara to new Welsh learners

Wow well done Anthony - for your inspirational video and becoming aWelsh speaker. It’s what I needed this morning as I’m getting a mental block with verb tenses. Thank you.

Greetings from Australia Anthony and Deborah. Thanks for your video message. They both inspire me to keep going!
Cheers.

1 Like

Inspiring stuff. Diolch!

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn Anthony am eich neges ysbrydoledig.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Diolch Anthony am eich neges. Anhygoel🔆

1 Like

thank you Anthony. I felt inspired. I have just begun to be amazed how much I am learning and how quick it comes to mind

3 Likes

Diolch yn fawr Anthony!. Thanks for the encouragement! :+1: How fab for your Welsh speaking patients to hear their own language in hospital. Lovely for your girlfriend and her family too :blush:

2 Likes

We should all listen to this message when we are feeling downhearted about our abilities to learn Welsh. It’s good to know you can just keep at it and eventually you will get there. Diolch Anthony.

3 Likes

I enjoy watching these videos, have seen a few on Youtube. :slight_smile:
Lovely!

Diolch am y fideo :slight_smile:

And it’s really heart warming to read messages like this! Diolch o waelod fy nghalon

2 Likes

Ah, I loved watching this video. Yay. Hurray for you!
I’m working through the 12 month course, having already worked through SSiW challenges a couple of times during lockdown because the extra bits listening speaking challenges are really good. I’m from Ystrad Mynach in the Valleys, but live in England. I’m also doing an evening class with Coleg Gwent, have some Zoom buddies to chat with, and went I can I meet up with the SSiW group in St Albans, but Saturdays are busy so not often.
Bootcamp is definitely on my wishlist. xxxxxxxx

2 Likes

Hi Anthony. I am about to go on my first Bwtcamp, and am really quite nervous. So I was greatrly encouraged hy your video, and I will remeber what you have said when the going gets tough! Bryan

2 Likes

You did superbly well on Bŵtcamp @bryanstevens :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thanks Deborah, you are very generous. The other Bwtcamp friends were much more fluent, and at times I found it pretty hard going. But after three days, I am dreaming in Welsh, so I think I must have progressed! And the immersion into the world of Welsh culture was fantastic. Thanks for everything, Deborah and Nina.

3 Likes

I think there’s a really important message in this - I have met a number of people who aren’t willing to use their Welsh yet, that they are embarrassed that they don’t know enough, that they find it easier to slip back into English, etc. But knowing that all of that doesn’t matter - that you can use whatever Welsh you have, and still get by even if you don’t consider yourself “fluent” (whatever that means!) - that’s huge! That’s how you’re going to become an effective Welsh speaker (and you may well be one already, and just not recognise it!) Well done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

diolch Anthony …i found your talk inspiring …i’m loving the course and have found 3 people in Llanidloes who speak to me in Welsh …very slowly!!!

1 Like

Anthony, I commend your devotion to honor your intended by learning to speak the welsh language. I hope it worked out. Sticking with it.