Survey on Welsh pronunciation by Bangor Uni Research Student

We’ve received an email from Meinir Olwen Williams, a research student at Bangor University.

She’s looking into learning Welsh as a second language, concentrating on accent and pronunciation in particular.

She’s really keen to hear from people who have learnt, or are currently learning, Welsh so she can ask about your experiences with pronunciation, your identity as a Welsh speaker, and your desires in terms of using the language.

With the SSiW courses focusing so much on speaking right from the beginning, she is particularly keen to hear from you!

Here’s the link to the online survey that Meinir has created: https://bangor.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/profiadau-dysgu-cymraeg

She would really appreciate your help, and if you need more information, Meinir can be contacted at: weu423 [at] bangor.ac.uk

3 Likes

Un ar gyfer y cylchlythyr @CatrinLliarJones?

2 Likes

Just done it. Thought I should given my “acen brith” :joy: It doesn’t take long and is fully bilingual, so well worth doing.

1 Like

Thanks for that link. I’ve done the questionnaire. Not too onerous and I hope it gives her some useful data.

1 Like

Always happy to have a chance to agonise about my English ‘o’ sounds.

4 Likes

I always find very interesting to answer to questions because it gives me the chance to reflect upon details about my learning process!

2 Likes

Never understood why that last ‘o’ in Llandudno is not pronounced ‘ah’ rather than the saesneg ‘oh’.