Tafwyl 2018- Welsh language fair and event in Cardiff

Can I just check that everyone knows about Tafwyl this year? It is a wonderful Welsh-language weekend festival organised by Menter Iaith Caerdydd each summer in Cardiff Castle. This year it is taking place on Saturday 30th June and Sunday 1st July.

There are lots of stalls, food outlets, a large stage with bands playing through the afternoons and evenings, other tents with activities/talks for learners, and plenty of things for kids to do. The whole event is free, and there are around 10,000 people attending each day- it is very encouraging to be surrounded by people speaking the langauge at whatever level is comfortable for them.

Welsh learners get a great welcome, and everything is fully bilingual. It really is worth a trip to South Wales for.

Full details and the timetable is on http://tafwyl.org/.

4 Likes

This has rather sneaked up on me this year! I haven’t seen it advertised on Facebook even!

But I agree that it’s a great event to get along to, and lots of fun to volunteer as well, if they’re still looking for people.

1 Like

Also worth noting, Tafwyl Fringe begins tomorrow, Saturday 23 June 2018, continuing to the main Tafwyl event the following weekend.

1 Like

I’m going, anyone else?

1 Like

I shall be there! If any SSIW crew want to say hello I’d love to chat with you. My schedule is:
Saturday
11:00-13:00 Cant a Mil Vintage stand
14:45-15:30 Session Cyfres Amdani in the Learners tent
Sunday
11:00-13:00 Cant a Mil Vintage stand
13:00-13:45 DIY Welsh in the Learners Tent
14:00-15:00 Cant a Mil vintage stand

If anyone is on the fence about going, just do it- there’s heaps of things for families, learners, loads of awesome bands and local tradespeople, and the weather will be awesome. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Just a heads up that Helen, who has just started the 6 month programme will be working on the RSPB Cymru stall at Tafwyl tomorrow. Swing by and say sh’mae! She might kill me, but will benefit from ‘friendly fire’ from fellow SSiW -ers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Jo has a stall? Fab! ::dusts off credit card::