Taith Heb Saesneg

Do you have a GoFundMe page or anything for donations @Gog?

2 Likes

Hi All,

Heres a bit more detail for Taith Heb Saesneg - diwnod 1 (6ed Awst).
I booked by tickets for the train to Caergwbi. I leave Wrecsam at 08:01 and arrive at Gorsaf Cargwbi at 10:37 so if @maturestudent is in the area it would be good to see you. You could wave me off on my journey!

Iā€™ll probably stop either at Potheithwy (45km) or Bangor for lunch - if there is any SSiW people about in that area, or you can recommend a Welsh speaking cafe let me know. If Mikes Bites is still open in Bangor Iā€™ll probably head there unles otherwise directed.
Iā€™ll then head for Caernarfon (60km) and would be there mid-afternoon if anyone wants to meet up. Iā€™ll probably try and book my accommodation for the SSiW party in 2019!

That evening Iā€™m meeting up with @Stine, @aran and @CatrinLliarJones

Diwnod 2 (7fed Awst)
Heading for Machynlleth to meet @BronwenLewis
Its about 100km so about 6 hours riding with a break at Porthmadog and lunch at Harlech or Barmouth depending on what people recommend

Diwrnod 3 (8fed Awst)
Heading for Rhyader
Its only 60km but a very hilly section - probably tot ake a break at Llanidloes. Iā€™m booked into the Lamb and Flag but happy to change if anyone has any recommendations near by.

Diwrnod 5 (9fed Awst)
Heading for Aberhonddu - Breacon Beacons YHA. about 80km on National Cycle Network 8

Diwrnod 6 (11fed Awst)
Caerdydd. Just over 80 km again. Iā€™m meeting my Nephew, Elis and Iā€™m going to the Eisteddfod late afternoon or for the evening

Diwrnod 7 (12fed Awst)
Eisteddfod to meet up with @Nicky and the SSiWers that are there for the end of the Eisteddfod.
Iā€™ve booked a trainback to Wrecsam leaving at 19:35.

Diolch yn fawr iawn to everyone who have offered help and suggested cafes.

2 Likes

I can probably meet you in Llanidloes for lunch or a paned or whatever. Will you be heading through Tylwch to Rhaeadr or down the Wye valley? I can recommend the former if you fancy leaving the Lon Las Cymru, but both are lovely rides.

@theresacorbett - the 8th is a Wednesday. Field trip for our Wednesday evening group to the Lamb and Flag? Maybe you can get some of the Rhaeadr Saturday group along, too?

Sounds good will let the Rhayader group know too.

Iā€™ll be there at Caergybi. Iā€™ll be the short, fat, old guy with the white beard (not SiĆ“n Corn!)

1 Like

Sorry for the random question but I canā€™t seem to see what your real name is as I was thinking about what to post on our local Facebook group. @Gog

Looking forward to seeing you, and safe journey!

Iā€™ve definitely spoken Welsh in the Blue Sky Cafe in Bangor and the food there is great. Or just outside Bangor thereā€™s Ty Golchi, which is definitely Welsh-speaking (think itā€™s owned by Tudur Owen):

http://blueskybangor.co.uk/

http://www.tygolchi.com/

1 Like

Hi. My real name is Mark. Full name - Mark Andrew Jones.

1 Like

My plan was to stick to Lon Las Cymru. But I am open to change unless I have promised to meet people on the way. Llanidloes is definitely en route.

Brilliant. Look forward to meeting you.

Back home after the 'Practice 'rides for Taith Heb Saesneg!!

On Sunday I rode the London Surrey 100. Monday St. Paulā€™s London to Milton Keynes, Tuesday Milton Keynes to Cannock, Wednesday Cannock to Wrecsam. 557km and over 3000m of ascent.

3 Likes

Getting very real now!!

Just had a chat with Menna from the ā€˜Henoā€™ studios in Caernarfon. They are sending out a camera and interviewer to film me at the start of the Taith and then film me buying something (yn Cymraeg, wrth cwrs!) in a shop in Valley.

Thanks to @Nicky and @siaronjames for pointing me in the right direction with contacts for ā€˜Henoā€™

5 Likes

PS. Can anyone recommend a good ā€˜power bankā€™ for a back-up battery for my phone?

yay! :clap: Youā€™ll be fab!

Iā€™ll be in work til 5pm but happy to pop next door to Galeri for a panad and quick chat til, say 5.30pm - but would then have to get home to let the dog out! Or depending when and where youā€™re meeting up with the others in the evening I may be able to pop out then. :slight_smile:

Excellent news mate!

They often work very tightly like that, so itā€™s probably been on their plan and radar for weeks, but are only getting around to getting it sorted now. It was like that when I was on Bore Da the first time around, they said theyā€™d been planning it for weeks - but I only found out 3 days before!

Iā€™ll be sure to watch in/set to Sky+

1 Like

Can you choose what you buy?

Now this questionā€¦ I am not your man for - as Iā€™ve been buying my "power ā€œā€œbanksā€ā€ " from Poundland! :smiley:

Ooh, whatā€™s the date for that again? :slight_smile:

@aran - this Monday coming:

2 Likes

Ffiwā€¦ we will actually be around thenā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like