The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Tiā€™n arwrā€¦ :heart: :star2:

2 Likes

Wff, whatā€™s going on?! Things have moved quickly since last time I looked! I meant to do this now that the guy who shares my office has gone out for lunch - but are we on to the next thing now?
Maybe Iā€™ll do it anyway.

No, no, you need to go up through the steps, so itā€™s ā€˜as you wereā€™ and ā€˜donā€™t worry!ā€™ā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK then, hereā€™s my offering. (Wps, ā€˜newydd ddechrauā€™ got stranded somehow in the middle, but Iā€™m not doing it again!)

16 Likes

I think thatā€™s the one thatā€™s made me laugh most so farā€¦ ā€˜but heā€™s from China!ā€™ā€¦ :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Note to all - no need to talk FOR five minutes - the point is to get through the list of starter words in LESS than five minutesā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did this on my desktop using my camera mic and it worked but I did it a while ago (not that long ago though) but when I tried to do this today, I canā€™t find the feature either so Iā€™ve asked SoundCloud support if they maybe didnā€™t put the feature away. Hopefully not and they just put it somewhere else than when it was before. However, they re-designed the pages a bit so it also migh tbe they took the feature off for a while or (hopefully not) temporarly. When I get the answer form their support Iā€™ll post here what theyā€™ve told me. I was so looking forward to make my recording this way.

It is/was great feature as you could do recording over and over again until you werenā€™t satisfied and post it to your profile being also able to give the recording proper things like title, tags, putting it into playlist if wanted etc ā€¦

@philipnewton with Audacity if you download proper plug-in which you can find on their page, you can save your recordings into mp3, ogg, and many more aswell. I remember Iā€™ve written about how to instal such plug-in here on this forum ā€¦let me find this ā€¦ Aha, Iā€™ve created the pdf guide on this here. Itā€™s one of my earliest "how to " guides so I hope it helps.

2 Likes

lots of Gogs representing, from what Iā€™ve heard so far. Fair play Goggos :smiley:

7 Likes

Hoping to bump up the Hwntw count (with possible a smattering of Rheged and Brigante) as soon as I can check out the soundcloud technology.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t counted but I think we hwntws are fairly well represented. Beth amdana ti / what about you @Nicky? :wink:

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my recording of the 5 minute test. Iā€™m mostly using SSiW in bed at night, subvocalising or whispering the Welsh, so speaking out loud and hearing myself siarad cymraeg is still feeling refreshingly weird. Hope you donā€™t mind my ample amount of um-ing and ah-ing.

15 Likes

Da iawn! This is a really successful step forwards! Languages are always better out loud (said the definition of an extrovert :smile:)

4 Likes

Okay, hereā€™s my extremely boring recording. My ability to make longer or more interesting sentences completely disappeared when the record button was pushed! I didnā€™t let myself listen to anyone elseā€™s recording until after I recorded mine.

13 Likes

Boring is in the ear of the listener! I think we have all felt the same (maybe this is part of Aranā€™s cunning plan - after weā€™ve done this conversations with context may well be much easier :thinking:) :smile:

4 Likes

Dw iā€™n meddwl boā€™ti 'di gwneud yn dda iawn, not boring at all!
I think we are all feeling more or less like fish out of water, but then againā€¦ ā€œdesirable difficultyā€, eh? :slight_smile:
(And also da iawn for upping the hwntw score :thumbsup: )

4 Likes

Diolch, @Hendrik and @AnthonyCusack! Yes, I was wondering why everyone was speaking Gog when I first started listening to the recordings, but it got a bit better as I progressed down the thread. Hŵre for hwntws :wink: :smile:

4 Likes

Superb work, Hendrik, Anna - welcome back your redā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Peidwch chwerthin / No laughing!

That was awful, but there should also be a nice recording of my old church choir on my soundcloud to make up for it!

10 Likes

Da iawn ti - llongyfarchiadau! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau! :star: :star2:

Wow, youā€™re doing BRILLIANTLY! :fireworks: :cocktail:

2 Likes