The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Sorry I had recorded but not uploaded to sound cloud, here it is: https://soundcloud.com/user-920123134/all-again

2 Likes

At last! Iā€™ve worked out how to do it. So here is my 5 minutes test recording, although it is only a little over 2 minutes. It is full of mistakes, but I gave it my best shot.

here goes, press reply Gayle, just press reply! (whereā€™s the fingers crossed emoji when you need it?)

5 Likes

Posted my soundcloud today, then realised that I have recorded the second set of practice sentences instead of the first. Is that OK or do i need to go back a step?

Also, I donā€™t actually have a speech bubble at all? Why would that be? Have i missed something?

@Deborah-SSi
Beautifully clear Gayle. You shall no doubt be bubbled :wink:

1 Like

I agree with @Sean-O - very clear and natural!

Hoffwn i fynd i Batagonia hefyd! - Iā€™d like to go to Patagonia too!

3 Likes

Da iawn @rafe! You really pushed yourself to get through those and you succeeded brilliantly!

I should of done this task ages ago but never did. Hereā€™s my sentence recording. Listening back i can hear iā€™m desperately trying to avoid going round in a loop with what iā€™m saying. More speaking practice for me i think!

2 Likes

Here it is . Enjoy/Jojo/Mwynhau??

2 Likes

Well done Robert! I did learn mwynhau at college but most local people say joio. I live in Goslas, near Crosshands.

Just wondering. Is ā€˜like a fish out of water,ā€™ a common idiom in Cymraeg, as it is in English? If so, how would we say it. Fel pysgod allan o dŵr?
I use it a lot in English but wouldnā€™t want to use it in Welsh in case I get it wrong!

Ask Dyfrig Ann, heā€™ll probably know. xx

1 Like

Syniad da Ali, diolch.
I will ask him Monday. I can come now as my daughter isnā€™t coming until Tuesday. Wela i ti nos Llun!? xx

1 Like

This recording is so embarrassing and I was so tempted to re-record it but obviously that is not the nature of this method or the spirit. SO when my bubble goes red it will match my face tone. I just hope now that I have posted the right one of all the sentences not just the single word!!

3 Likes

Hope this works. Really donā€™t want to have to do all that again. Soundcloud brings me out in hives!
Iā€™m off to hide in a cupboard somewhere ā€¦

1 Like

I feel your pain Den. Just posted my own. This is all way outside my comfort-zone, but I think thatā€™s part of the point!

Diolch Annmoore, dw iā€™n dod o Llandeilo ond fiā€™n bwy yn Lloygr nawr.

Hopefully this works! Iā€™m finally getting around to posting the sentences I recorded weeks ago :slight_smile:
Listen to Cathā€™s sentences by Cath Hather #np on #SoundCloud

Well done to @robert-stephens, @Den and @alison-11! Youā€™re really pushing yourselves there, which is fantastic work!

@cath-h - sorry, but somethingā€™s not quite right there. When youā€™re in SoundCloud, can you see a ā€˜shareā€™ button or link? You need to click that, then you get the link to paste in here.