The '5 Minutes' Test - week 6 **Going PINK** šŸ’® (Badges Awarded Mondays)

Done it! A couple of mistakes at first, trying to go too quickly but after 3 days Iā€™m there! Diolch!

1 Like

Done it! Nice way to practice speaking Welsh - never did something like this before. Thanks for the challenge:)

1 Like

Done it! My main problem at the moment is just finding my way round the Forum. A funny thing happened to me on the way to it!! :smile:

1 Like

Done :+1:t2:

1 Like

done it!

1 Like

Llongyfarchiadau! Congratulations everyone! Lots of new pink badgers :+1: :clap:

A post was merged into an existing topic: The ā€˜5 Minutesā€™ Test - recordings

Done it!

1 Like

I did it. Not very ambitious sentences but I did it. Unbelievable as I am hopeless at languages and also 70.

1 Like

Done it

1 Like

1 min 32 secs 1st try, but using short sentences and keeping to words taught in the challenges (apart from ā€˜Cartrefā€™, which was much used !) Most of those posting on here seem to be using a much wider vocabulary - are they on the more intensive course?

As an aside, Iā€™m feeling a bit let down by C1:6 - ok set a test, but couldnā€™t you include at least a little new material as well? - what am I going to do for the next week?

1 Like

Done it!

1 Like

Done. Bit basic, mindā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some people have picked up some Welsh from other sources, e.g. learnt some in school or attended a few evening classes, and they include words from there, but others just use what theyā€™ve learnt in the challenges. Thatā€™s perfectly fine. The objective is to get you thinking of sentences for yourself with the Welsh that you have, so if thatā€™s what youā€™ve done, thatā€™s great!

Sorry, Iā€™m not quite sure what you mean by this - Challenge 1? Level 1, Challenge 6? Or are you referring to the old Course 1, lesson 6? What is the test that you mention?

Do you mean when youā€™re asked to go back and run through Challenge 1 again to see how it feels? If youā€™re happy with Challenges 1 to 5 and you want to move on this week, just send an email to admin@saysomethingin.com and asked to be moved ahead a week. There is no problem with that :slight_smile:

Done, 2.47 assuming ā€˜that I needā€™ is ā€˜bod dw i esiau i fiā€™ ?

And basic because of confidence which makes my mind go blank and then: On iā€™n trio cofio beth i ddeudā€¦

update: I said it wrong! itā€™s ā€œbod ma eisiau i fiā€ oh,well. Ma eisiau i fi ymarfer mwy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey thanks :grinning: Iā€™m pink.

Done! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Done it!!

1 Like

I havenā€™t cared about measuring the time before, but this time I did, and most of the sentences werenā€™t that short. So I can allow myself now to announce, with good conscience: I passed the test! Yay! :metal: :grin:

2 Likes

Completed the task. Not hugely complex sentences but helping me to get further than Iā€™ve ever been able via previous attempts ā€¦ I wish Iā€™d found this years ago before Dad passed - would have been great to have attempted a conversation with him yn Gymraeg

Iā€™m not clear on what happens now ā€¦

1 Like