The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

I really need to know what happened in the pub last night after that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well Geraint, all I can say is that it involved rhywun a ddywedodd fod oā€™n gweithio efo fy chwaer. That and llawer o gwrw! :wink:

3 Likes

I must say that I sound very stilted. My first sentence comes out ok, then my brain slows down - something similar to what happens when answering the 2nd half of those long translations in the challenges. Hopefully things will improve with time.

Thatā€™s exactly the point of itā€¦ :slight_smile:

Donā€™t worry - itā€™s the same process for everyoneā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Itā€™s so weird to record yourself and think on the hop. Iā€™ve just made a video in English (Maeā€™n llwytho i YouTube rwan @aran) and itā€™s so weird to speak to a camera or recorder.

2 Likes

OK, people! Here it is - the most boring recording youā€™d ever hear - and yes, itā€™s mine ā€¦

No need to say Iā€™ve recorded about 10 of them alltogether 3 days in a row but ended uploading the most boring one because it seamed the best to me ā€¦ and yet, even there are mistakes ā€¦

Chiers!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Done it! Now to find quiet time to record!

2 Likes

OK, it is possible to do this only using Level 1 and Course 1 vocab :slight_smile: ā€¦

10 Likes

OK @aran I hope Iā€™m doing this right as I often seem to find myself in the wrong thread! Hereā€™s my pretty awful five minute test - aloud - and no, I am NOT fishing for compliments by denigrating my efforts, just being a realist! :relaxed:

10 Likes

@carolineparkinson I hope you donā€™t mind me editing your post so that your recording appears as an embed rather than the link.

On the other note: Well done!

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, absolutely dim problem @tatjana And if you tell me how to do whatever it is I need to do to make it less trwbl for you guys, then I will do whatever it takesā€¦ :smile:

You just didnā€™t put the link into new line, thatā€™s all it was to do for me in order to embed your recording. So now you know, when youā€™ll put the recording on here next time, you just need to put it in the separate line. If youā€™re not sure the line is new line, you make two new lines before pasting the link. Discourse software itself looks after the stuff and do it appear as just one line space.

3 Likes

OK, sounds good @tatjana All I have to gwneud nawr ywā€™r cofio!

2 Likes

Put it in wrong place before , but Iā€™ve tried - not listened to myself tho - and had an attack of the forget everything nerves

10 Likes

Okay; hereā€™s my 5-minute recording of the 13 questions! Yes, I could have spent ages repeating it over and over again until it was perfect, but as that is definitely NOT the SSiW way I have decided to let it stand as it is, with its deficiencies:

7 Likes

Vicky, having just spent ages preparing my own 5-minute recording and just posted it below, I know how hard it is. You sound like you have really given it everything that you have - well done!

4 Likes

Okay, so I wonā€™t compliment you on how well you really did. Just say that if you were perfect then you wouldnā€™t need SSiW in the first place - just like the rest of us! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Da iawn, Baruch. I was going to say ā€œhave a glass of wine after that slick presentationā€ but then ā€¦

1 Like

And hereā€™s my attemptā€¦ Similarly alcohol-fixated as @Baruch! (And I did have a beer by my side as I was doing it, for added authenticity!)

6 Likes

Very unsure if any of this will workā€¦I think this should be my very embarrassing and hesitant answers. I have been working on speed and still sound too slow.
However, itā€™s been just as stressful using soundcloud for the first time. I didnā€™t know I was signing up for ā€œa tech courseā€ too. Used the same approach as speaking to strangers in a strange tongueā€¦bang on regardless and do it quick before you realise what you are doing.

10 Likes