The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Posted in the wrong place beforeā€¦ so Iā€™ll try again! Thanks @Deborah-SSi

3 Likes

5 Likes

That was brilliant @roblisle and lovely to hear your daughter popping in with her Welsh as well!

2 Likes

Am I supposed to get a badge for this @aran? Iā€™m not sure I understand the whole badge system yetā€¦

The red badge is for posting your ā€˜5 minutesā€™ test :slight_smile:
Onto green when you post your first question!

1 Like

I posted mine a couple of days agoā€¦ ah, hang onā€¦ I think I can see my red badge! Diolch yn fawr

2 Likes

Here is my recording made a couple of weeks ago of the first questions. I can spot two mistakes, but thatā€™s fine (remember/forget and not softening after wnes I), but I wanted to share the original and not make a new one. Here it is:

3 Likes

Well, that was painful - and I already spotted a dweud that should have been a siarad! O daro!

2 Likes
1 Like

https://soundcloud.com/malnet-1/week-6-practice-1

These are the ten questions from week 6 of the 26 week course. I would thank Dee for her helpful advice once again

1 Like

Just moved this here @malnet3. Someone started that other thread, but itā€™s not the ā€˜officialā€™ one. Youā€™re in the right place now, and youā€™ve got your red badge for saying all your 5-minute sentences. Da iawn ti!

1 Like

If itā€™s any consolation, I keep making this mistake too! My other favourite is saying ā€œymarferā€ instead of ā€œ(g)wellaā€. Oh, and softening when I shouldnā€™t. I keep saying ā€œWnes i ddim gofioā€ forgetting that the ā€œ(d)dimā€ takes the mutation so there isnā€™t one for ā€œcofioā€. Still, it would be boring if we got it all right straight away!

3 Likes

Well Soniakw that worked like a dream. That was a pleasure to listen to because you have gentle intonation and an obvious love of Welsh.

1 Like

Well here goes. Letā€™s hope it works :upside_down:

2 Likes

Well, hereā€™s my effort. Not very interesting sentences, Iā€™m afraid! The old brain went a bit blank on me a few times! Is there a minimum standard required?

3 Likes

Can I be cheeky and ask for some feedback on mine? Iā€™d like to know if anything is outright wrong or doesnā€™t make sense. If anyone has some time, Iā€™d really appreciate it.

It was great - understood all of it, enjoyed the dreadful cat - youā€™re doing very wellā€¦ :slight_smile:

Cheers Aran, appreciate it! The horrible cat is the bane of my lifeā€¦

1 Like

4 Likes

Tiā€™n swnio mor naturiol! You sound so natural! :star2:

1 Like