The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Hello @jeanette-lee

Iā€™m also a bit lost on the Forum threads but your sentences are great - much better than my pronounciation - well done. I think my favourite word so far is ā€˜rhywbethā€™ but Iā€™m no good at rolling the ā€˜rā€™!

Helen

Hello @rosie-johns

You sound like a natural. Iā€™m sure it helps being in Cardiff. Well done!

Helen

1 Like

Thanks Helen! It doesnā€™t feel like itā€™s sticking yet but this has been a real confidence booster

2 Likes

Might try this again with less beer and more sleep, but hereā€™s one attempt:

1 Like

I agree with others - very clear and great pronunciation @rosie-johns :star2: and I love the way you casually throw ā€œarchfarchnadā€ into your sentences, @nickmanville :+1: - not an easy word to come to grips with!

1 Like

And hereā€™s the recording by @CaroleB!

A bit repetitive but here goes

https://soundcloud.com/jason-griffiths-15/new-recording-2/s-CsLI5

1 Like

A lovely, natural accent you have there @JasonGriffiths!

1 Like

Diolch Dee. Thatā€™s nice to hear as my English accent is more Eastenders than Pobol y Cwm.

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

This was really clear and easy to understand even though Iā€™m learning Northā€¦da iawn !

1 Like

Gwych. Dw iā€™n deall i tā€™i!

Okay hereā€™s my first soundcloud. Pretty boring compared to others as I just have words from the first ten weeks or so! But a start

1 Like

Da iawn Paul! Off to a great start :slight_smile:

Well, here goes; but now that I have recorded the five sentences, Iā€™ve got this horrible feeling that Iā€™ve just strung random Welsh words together!

1 Like

Thank you for posting, youā€™re sentences are great and you sound amazing :slightly_smiling_face:

You sound great. Well done Helen and thank you for sharing

Diolch Sam! Thatā€™s really nice to hear. Just a few words can be very encouraging and this forum is great for that. Good luck with your journey too. What challenge are you on now?

Thank you, Iā€™m on challenge 12. My brain really is melting :crazy_face:

That was very clear @Tony_Davis and made complete sense. In some respect, weā€™re all stringing random Welsh words together, but thatā€™s how one builds up sentences.

By the way, Iā€™m old enough to remember Yogi B the first time round!