The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Hereā€™s my sentence list, hopefully the link works :joy:

Listen to Sentence list by Leane Laken #np on #SoundCloud

2 Likes

Da iawn, Anthony. Tiā€™n siarad yn dda iawn!
Cofion gorau,
Colin

1 Like

Hi Richard, youā€™re doing really well. I listened to your recording and was able to recognise sentences that we have learnt but you also put together some combinations of your own. Well done.

Colin

1 Like

Better late than never. Hereā€™s my attempt at recording some sentences. On reflection, they could have been a bit more original but I found that difficult when trying to keep the flow going.

Colin

3 Likes

Hiya
Iā€™m not sure if this is where I post a comment, I hope it is :grinning:.
I have just listened to 3 people speaking welsh and I am absolutely blown away , you are all fantastic. I have just emerged from my pit of learning challenge 12 and 13 feeling successful in a slow sort of way :slight_smile: .
I really want to speak as well as I have just heard so will have to step up and try harder. :face_with_monocle: Chris

4 Likes

Good to see your post, very clear. Like you say itā€™s difficult to know what to say when talking to yourself - but thatā€™s a good thing I guess because it means theres lots of things youve already learned that you could say!

Diolch Colin am wrando ar fy recordiad. Tiā€™n siarad yn dda iawn fyd.

This is my 5 minutes test. The quality of the recording isnā€™t great, as I recorded my sentences at work in a less than ideal acoustic environment, sorry. I hope itā€™s at least understandable. My sentences still are awfully simple and short.

7 Likes

WOW! This was like performance! Da iawn! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Youā€™re being a gentle lady, Tatjana, diolch yn fawr iawn for your kind words. :kissing_heart::rose: If I compared myself to other learners (which I donā€™t, of course!), Iā€™d clearly hear how awesome and fluent they already speak Welsh and how complex their sentences are :sparkles: and how slow I amā€¦:snail:

I like how you aproached to the recording. You lived your sentences and managed to pass this into your speach. It doesnā€™t matter being sentences complex or not, it counts that you did what you appearently wanted. Llongyfarchiadau maur!

Tatjana :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You should have seen me doing the recording! I sneaked into a doctorā€™s consulting room at the hospital, the one I had to clean next after my coffee break. I didnā€™t dare to use the docā€™s desk and chair, so I put my recorder on the book shelf, between a book on heart anatomy (spectacular photos!) and psycho-social counselling, checked if the coast was clear, closed the door and quickly spoke my sentences. Youā€™re right, I tried to ā€˜liveā€™ the sentences as good as I could in a hurry. I loveā€¦just LOVE stories, listening to them and telling and reading them to others. In the consulting room, I read the sentences to a skeleton in the corner that gleefully grinned at my pronunciationā€¦:joy::innocent:

3 Likes

1 Like

Hilarious story!

Oo, yes, I see you really like stories and telling/reading them to others. I bet that skeleton was delighted with what youā€™ve acheaved ā€¦ He just didnā€™t want to show his all amazement ā€¦ you know ā€¦ just in case thereā€™s more and better comming from you next time. :slight_smile: And he was right. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll tell a lot of stuff yn Nghymraeg, even more confidently, more lively. :slight_smile:

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some excellent new recordings and well-deserved red badges in here! :star: :star2:

Claudia - itā€™s HIGH time for you to STOP putting yourself down, because that was a particularly excellent set of sentences - did you use no prompts at all? You had nothing written down? You were just working from memory?

If so, you are doing fantastically well - much, MUCH better than you have been thinking. You are FAR further ahead than I expected you to be by now, and the next few months are going to be hugely successful for youā€¦ :star: :star2:

1 Like

3 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn iawn for your kind words and your extremely generous encouragement, Aran, it means a LOT to me! :rose::cherry_blossom::sunny:

I must admit that I wrote down the sentences before I left for work. I only used words I could remember and reach instantly, without having to think. It only took me a few minutes. Then, I quickly checked the grammarā€¦I made quite a few mistakes, I tell you! I couldnā€™t remember how to write some words correctly, so I just wrote themā€¦lets say creatively phonetically. On my way to work in the bus, I tried to memorise my lines, you know, just like an actor, and when I finally recorded them, I just had a note in my hands with the words you gave us, so that I didnā€™t mix up the sequence too badly.

In the Challenges, there are SO much more words and sentences, and all I can spontaneously remember are the words and sentences from, say, the first 5 - 7 Challenges - and by far not all of them! Sure, when I think harder and longer, I can come up with more words, but nobody has time to search for a word for 3 minutes during a chat!

I enjoyed doing this recording! :stars:

1 Like

@aran As requested a reminder - itā€™s me TRICIA whereā€™s my red badge

1 Like

Nope, sorry, never heard of you, thatā€™s not ringing any bells at allā€¦:wink:

Oh, hey, what - how did you get that RED BADGE?!! :slight_smile: :star2: