The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

2 Likes

Have had to delete as recording was still operating as ā€œprivateā€

Diolch. I do feel Iā€™m achieving something, honestly! Ymlaen!

1 Like

It looks like something isnā€™t quite right there @barbaramitchell unfortunately.

You need to change the setting from ā€˜privateā€™ to ā€˜publicā€™ in the website, rather than in an app. You can still do that on your phone or iPad, but you need to go into the SoundCloud website in a browser and login to your account. Youā€™ll be able to change the setting there, then go into ā€˜Shareā€™, copy the link and paste it here.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Hope this one works. Having quite a challenge as the laptop has no microphone and we are having to transfer information from an old Android phone. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Brilliant, well DONE! :star: :star2:

3 Likes

Finally worked out how to do this. Sorry about the ā€œWhat?ā€ at the beginning!

3 Likes

Enjoy a bunch of slow sentences about how I need to practice more, along with some vocal fry. :+1:

2 Likes

3 Likes

@glynsig obviously something didnā€™t work right for your track to be posted here. Maybe itā€™s set to private with no right to embed on the web. If I go to your profile thereā€™s nothin gthere so it means itā€™s set to private. I know there are people who are setting posts on SoundCloud not to be seen in their profile but can be embeded here so you should check your track settings first.

I can see your profile though.

Looking forward to my shiny red badge even though I did make a few slip ups.

1 Like

Here is my second attempt to get my recording on hereā€¦

1 Like

And here are my second set of practice recordings. It will be interesting to see if I get less stilted and hesitant with time.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been dreading doing this. Hereā€™s hoping Iā€™ve managed to work out how to. Sorry about the Slack notifications!

5 Likes

A little late I know :see_no_evil: There are so many awkwardly long pauses and mistakes, but Iā€™m swallowing my pride and refusing to go back and do it again!! Itā€™s thinking of something to say to finish the sentence that is hard, not the actual sentence starters!!

https://soundcloud.com/user-896489692/week-6-one-full-set

2 Likes

Oh, I feel your pain - I canā€™t tell you how many different recordings Iā€™ve had to cancel in a fury when Slack pingsā€¦ :wink:

Well DONE. That is a surprisingly difficult thing to do, but hugely, hugely importantā€¦ :star:

1 Like

Well done Glynsig. I was very impressed with your sentences.

@Helen2

2 Likes

My first attempt at recording a five minute challenge. I hope itā€™s worked. I kept the setting private on SoundCloud cos I donā€™t want the world to be able to watch my fumbling baby steps, but I think this link will still play here.
https://soundcloud.com/catriona-richmond/five-minute-challenge-ssi/s-kgR1g

4 Likes