The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Okay hereā€™s the link. i dared to listen back to it and kind of wished I hadnā€™t because I didnā€™t quite understand what Iā€™d said in at least a couple of instances!

5 Likes

3 Likes

What Iā€™ve learned from this so far is I donā€™t like Soundcloud and Sound cloud does not like me! So hopefully this works.

4 Likes

I love the way you may start hesitantly, but all of a sudden youā€™re away and all the phrases you know and are using to say your piece come tumbling out with beautiful fluency and joy, like mountain stream suddenly in spate after rainfall on the hilltops! Diolch yn fawr i ti! Such a privilege to hear you, so inspiringā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s great @shanebrennan and you have now beaten SoundCloud into submission :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Iā€™m really extra disappointed at the thought that you may be there again but Iā€™ll not to be going to Wyvale this monthā€¦ You speak with, to my ears, wonderful calm consistency, and I confess Iā€™d be sure you were born into a Welsh-speaking community - it all seems so natural to you.

Iā€™ve been shirking further sound recording and specifically uploading it all to this forum, but as I listen to all these voices I am finally feeling (emotionally) prepared to join in. Diolch yn fawr iawn i ti, TrevorJones2.

I did a strange dance at level one: Challenges Gog 1-18, De 1-25 and then Gog 17-25. Iā€™ve now almost finished Level 2 all in Gog, and it was just lovely to hear this track, because it makes me feel warmly invited back to the south againā€¦ Such power you hold over the lives of people youā€™ve never met. I sometimes imagine that a bit of Doctor Who time and space travel in real life would bring our ancestors some difficulty believing what we are spending our time doing here, but I think theyā€™d instinctively be moved to hear the voice of 21st century adults taking such loving care!

Diolch.

Iā€™m sure we will meet again at Wyevale in the not too distant future, hopefully.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure where the right place to ask this is, but although Iā€™ve manged to record on SoundCloud, in between each of my recordings Iā€™ve got random hiphop songs playing and I canā€™t find out how to delete them., Does anyone know how I can remove them please?

1 Like

That might just be a random list of some kind - can you give me a link to your profile? :slight_smile:

wow thanks thatā€™s really cool. Iā€™m struggling a bit with replying to comments and navigating my way round the threads and stuff, picked up your response on phone but only just got round to finding it on my computer cos Iā€™m not logged in on my phone and forgot my password and stuff. I think Iā€™m slightly techno phobic. Or summat. do I sound really southern?

1 Like

Hereā€™s the link you asked for : https://soundcloud.com/liz-willicombe

Although the tracks are still there, since I messed around with SoundCloud this morning to make the recordings public, the tracks seem to have moved themselves to the end of my recordings,rather than in the middle, so they are not so annoying.

Thanks.

1 Like

Ahh, I thought maybe so - Iā€™m seeing only your stuff there, so I suspect the random hiphop stuff is SoundCloud advertising to you, rather than what other people will see on your accountā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great, thanks for doing that.

1 Like

Certainly getting there. Inspires me to practice a little harder myself.

1 Like

Da iawn ti! Increasing fluency throughout.

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr.

1 Like

Hi Aran I couldnā€™t work out how to create a new post so Iā€™ve replied to yours. Here is my recorded sentences on Soundcloud.

2 Likes

Which works perfectly :slight_smile: :star2:

1 Like

My 5 minute sentence practice :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes