The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Iā€™ve tried to record my group of sentences four times. Each time I get to ā€˜uploadā€™, click on it, but when it reaches 100% it goes bck to record. I donā€™t seem to be offered a ā€˜saveā€™ button and I canā€™t find my four recordings anywhere. Iā€™m using my phone as it seemed to be the easist option on previous attempts, but it wonā€™t work on that or the laptop now.

The really annoying thing is that I have eventually managed the previous recordings, so I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong now. Can anyone suggest anything please?

Thanks, Liz

Hi @bizzielizzie. What kind of phone are you using? Are you recording using a voice recorder app of some sort, then uploading to SoundCloud? That seems to be the way to go in general, but every device seems to be a little different.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a Samsung Galaxy and Iā€™m using the Soundcloud app I downloaded. Its worked previously, which is strange. Iā€™ll keep giving it a go and at least , in the mean time, Iā€™m practicing saying my sentences each time I try.:grin:

1 Like

There should be a generic Voice Recorder app in your Samsung Galaxy, that will let you record and keep the file. Then there should be a way to find it and upload it to Soundcloud. Note there are a couple of shouldā€™s in there, but maybe that will help you find a solution. If youā€™re still having issues, Iā€™ll have a go with my old Samsung Galaxy S3 and see if I can figure it out - I like a technical challenge :smile:

1 Like

Thanks I was wondering if there was a way I could record it first. Iā€™ll give your suggestion a go.

2 Likes

Great work, well done!

That was horribly painful! But now done!

2 Likes

Struggling with tech again hope this works

3 Likes

Well done - you beat the tech, AND your accent is coming along excellentlyā€¦ :star: :star2:

1 Like

That was really good, I understood it and it was helpful that it had a theme and flowed as a story. Diolch.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have a recording yet because I could not make SoundCloud work. But I am doing the exercise with recording software on my iPad and I find it useful to listen back.

Either way I wouldnā€™t be uploading it, but :raised_hands: to you guys for having the bottle.

2 Likes

can someone let me know if this worked??? diolch yn fair

3 Likes

Itā€™s worked fine Richard and well done.

2 Likes

Well done @richard-thomas-1! Very clear and well spoken. :star2:

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Only on Week 22 (6 minuter) but thought I would post here as it seems to make more sense to post my solitary sentence here than stay hidden in the cwmwlā€¦

1 Like

Good work, sir! :star2:

Diolch, Aran.

Just realised I should have recorded all my sentences for Week 22, so I may as well put them up too - here goes! Mwynhewch! (not sure whether that is supposed to be a command given that I canā€™t force you to enjoy it but there we are!).

1 Like