SSi Forum

The '5 Minutes' Test - recordings

That’s the one - worked for me! :slight_smile:

Hi Ann, please don’t be so hard on yourself. It is really good and far better than I managed. It’s always nerve-wracking I know. But it sounds like you are definitely on the right track. Don’t worry and try to relax and enjoy. You really are doing fine! :hugs:

Brilliant - you’re putting yourself through exactly the right kind of pain - and you’re solving that extra difficulty at this stage, which means you’re going to be better prepared for the step of talking to other people… :star: :star2:

For me, Soundcloud was the start to me actually talking Welsh. Even though I sounded terrible compared to everyone else, it gave me the confidence to have a go.

Also it helped me to find my way around Windows 10 :grin:

Thank you so much for your encouragement - please tell me the ‘rabbit in headlights’ feeling gets less with experience!!

@aran
You’ve no idea just HOW chuffed I am to see that red speech bubble today! Diolch yn fawr iawn :smiley:

And @JohnYoung
Your Soundcloud post is so encouraging - thank you :slight_smile:
And I identify with your Windows comment - we upgraded for me to access Slack…

The last but one sentence ‘that I need’ stuffed me as usual…but I realise when I’ve got it wrong which is a start I suppose :slight_smile:

It’s one of the most important things of all… :slight_smile:

The '5 Minutes' Test

Da iawn!

Well done for doing this - i hope i can do it when the time comes…

Well done! Sounds really good :hugs:

Thank you :slight_smile:️ I’m lucky to live in Wales, and hear it spoken a lot, so that may be a big help with pronouncing many things. I’m still too much of a coward to try it out in the wild though lol

Listen to Sounds from Thursday afternoon by L J #np on #SoundCloud

Hope this is ok! The technology of SoundCloud is more tricky than actually learning the language :wink:

Well done :heart_eyes: You sounded exhausted by the end…I swear I felt your sighs :wink: You nailed it (and not in a Pinterest way) :smile:

Wow! That’s impressive. Da iawn! Both the speaking & figuring out SoundCloud. I’m still struggling with both :smirk:

Thank you! I was sighing because I realised how similar my sentences sounded!