The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Can you see the ā€˜Shareā€™ option @beverly_melnykjones? It should give you a link to copy and paste in here.

I did copy and pasteā€¦it looks as if it should work but when I press play button nothing happens :flushed:

I just see the message that SoundCloud canā€™t find it. I donā€™t even see a play button :frowning:

Noswaith dda, please can someone help me ā€¦ Iā€™m usually quite good with phone technology but I canā€™t for the life of me find where to record on sound cloud ! The three dotted button that all the guides refer to is more like three lines and is not active in my iPhone. Does it not work on a phone ? and can I record on something else or does it have to be sound cloud ā€¦? Diolch yn fawr :blush:

As far as Iā€™m aware, you canā€™t actually record to the SoundCloud app on your phone. I think you need to record using simple voice recording software - thereā€™s usually something free on your device - then upload it to SoundCloud. Some software has an ā€œUpload to SoundCloudā€ option; otherwise, go into SoundCloud (the website works better than the app), find ā€œUploadā€ and point it at your recorded voice file.

From there you need to find ā€œShareā€ in SoundCloud, copy the link given there, and post it here in the forum.

Ah thank youā€¦ yes I was started to realise Iā€™m probably looking for the impossible lol ā€¦ I will find a way :blush: Diolch

I have an Android, but I was able to record by selecting the three horizontal lines icon at the bottom right, then selecting Record. I have no idea what it looks like on an iPhone though.

Hi, Iā€™ve just had a reply from sound cloud and it seems you canā€™t record from your iPhone only android phones ā€¦ Iā€™ve managed to record on a voice recording app but that wonā€™t let me copy it onto here lol arrghh

Oh, how frustrating! Good luck @amanda-taylor

1 Like

Thank you ā€¦ Iā€™ve managed to send it to myself as a voice note on slack ā€¦ getting closer haha

Hi GowerRanger ā€¦ did you ever find a way around the iPhone problem ? Iā€™ve had confirmation from sound cloud that you canā€™t record on iPhone only android. Would love to hear if you managed to find something else as I am really struggling to find any voice recording that I can upload here :+1: ā€¦ thanks for your help because Iā€™m going slightly crazy lol ā€¦ Diolch

This is a suggestion in Slack from one iPhone user:

another option is to use the IOS APP ā€œVoicememoā€ which is preinstalled on every IOS device to record. Then you can share that file i.e. via your email and drag/drop it into Soundcloudā€¦ - saves you installing another appā€¦

3 Likes

Sounding good Anne! :+1:

Da iawn ti Gareth - keep going with all the hard work :grinning:

1 Like

You sound really fluent - and much farther down the learning road to me! Well done

1 Like

Thank you for saying so! Being married to a Cymraes definitely helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,
I struggled for ages with this on my iphone. Solved it now:

1. Get ā€œSoundCloudā€ and create an account;
  2. Download the ā€œAudioCopyā€ app from the App Store - itā€™s free.
  3. Record your Welsh onto AudioCopy. It has a direct link to send the file to SoundCloud.
  4. Open the page in SSiW that you want to copy your Welsh to and click on ā€˜Replyā€™. Find your file in SoundCloud click on ā€˜shareā€™ and click on ā€˜publicā€™. You will have a file name displayed. Copy the file name and then paste it into your reply on SSiW.

That should do it - I hope.
Cheers
Chris

1 Like

clyp.it/brkxwguu?token=54a9f6547004665bf11ba74ee0488939

Has this link worked?

2 Likes

Yes! I can hear your recording perfectly. You sound great, by the way! :stars: