The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

As Iā€™ve said to you loads of times before - Iā€™m convinced you actually come from Ceredigion - and there is no way on Earth that you are German!!

6 Likes

Ha, yes, sounds amazing!

3 Likes

Letā€™s see if this works then!

15 Likes

Ac helo, Mr Coch! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I usually get called something very similar in English too!

5 Likes

No idea if this will work, but Iā€™ll give it a go.
Sue

9 Likes

Absolutely fanTASTIC work, Sue - HUGE congratulations! :star: :star2:

THOROUGHLY deserved redā€¦ :wink:

Thank you! I am ridiculously pleased with my red badge.
Sue

3 Likes

They are surprisingly lovely little things, arenā€™t they?! :smiley:

And you know it means you slayed a pretty serious tech dragon - so youā€™re absolutely right to be seriously pleased :thumbsup:

1 Like

OKā€¦ At points I swear the voice is drowned out by the noise of the cogs whirring, but re-recording a second attempt seemed to violate the spirit of the thingā€¦

8 Likes

When I work out how to get SoundCloud working on Linux Mint 18 (Firefox) I may join in. Up to now I cannot even play stuff let alone make a recording ā€¦

2 Likes

Seems to work well on Ubuntu 17.10 (Artful Aardvark). I record my stuff using Audacity and export as mp3. I sign into the SoundCloud site via Firefox and upload my soundfile remembering to make it public. I hope you find a solution for your own version of Linux. :smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m so pleased you did this!!! Well done Sue!! Brilliant work!

2 Likes

Oh, I hear you. Let me know how this ā€˜being 50ā€™ malarkey goes. If you donā€™t like it much, I think Iā€™ll cancelā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Well, I have to tell you sad news about direct recording to SoundCloud. They really took the feature away due to improoving the file upload feature. Their answer is here:

Hey, Happy New Year to you too! Yes we did - apologies for this. We wanted to focus on improving file uploads. Cheers /NF

ā€” SoundCloud Support (@SCsupport) January 11, 2018

I wouldnā€™t be me if I wouldnā€™t spread the thoughts a bit more so my question to them was as such:

Thank you.

But quite some of us would be just happy to have this feature back! Any possibility of giving it back to us? šŸ™‚

ā€” Tatjana Prelog (@KnightGhost) January 11, 2018

Now Iā€™m waiting the answer to this. We might (hopefully) get the feature back. Letā€™s hope to it. Iā€™ll post back when I get the answer. In the mean time ā€¦ happy loading to SoundCloud.

Oh, one little thingy more: I hope you donā€™t mind one strange blue haired Woman with the nickname KnightGhost is following you all on SoundCloud. Iā€™m anxious to hear more from you whatever and whenever you put something on SoundCloud. If youā€™re unhappy with that, Iā€™ll unfollow you of course.

Chiers to the ā€œ5 minutersā€, ā€œquestionersā€ and ā€œanswerersā€ :slight_smile:

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I use Mint as well, I just recorded mine on my phone. I think itā€™s a security feature (to stop people doing stupid things) as no Record button pops up for me either. Iā€™m sure there is a work around if you look around.

1 Like

Wedi gwneud eā€¦ eto! Dwiā€™n meddwlā€¦ Gobeithio bod iā€™n cofio popeth bod oedd eisiau i fi ddweud

Hope I said everything, I didnā€™t have the bit to reference whilst I recorded.

5 Likes

I would really like to give this a go but Iā€™m a bit technologically challenged so bear with me. It has just taken me the 2 whole weeks since boxing day to connect my wireless printer to my laptop and a good day and a half to do a spreadsheet !

2 Likes

If youā€™ve got a smartphone, it can be very simple. You can download the Soundcloud app, and record directly into that. Then you just need to get the link to the recording, which you can find under ā€˜Shareā€™, and post it in a thread.

I might do a step by step later if anyone would like any more detailed instructions than that.

3 Likes

Offline for a day or two and look whatā€™s happened ā€“ the whole welsh learning scene has moved on, I love it. :grinning:

Scrabbling to catch up, sorry this is probably the most boring entry so far, loving hearing the interesting things the rest of you have posted. At least I managed something which I hope qualifies, recorded through a plug in microphone on a webcam and ā€˜soundrecorderā€™ program on a Windows desktop we have for family use (no mobile phone).

10 Likes