The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Diolch Dee. Thatā€™s nice to hear as my English accent is more Eastenders than Pobol y Cwm.

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

This was really clear and easy to understand even though Iā€™m learning Northā€¦da iawn !

1 Like

Gwych. Dw iā€™n deall i tā€™i!

Okay hereā€™s my first soundcloud. Pretty boring compared to others as I just have words from the first ten weeks or so! But a start

1 Like

Da iawn Paul! Off to a great start :slight_smile:

Well, here goes; but now that I have recorded the five sentences, Iā€™ve got this horrible feeling that Iā€™ve just strung random Welsh words together!

1 Like

Thank you for posting, youā€™re sentences are great and you sound amazing :slightly_smiling_face:

You sound great. Well done Helen and thank you for sharing

Diolch Sam! Thatā€™s really nice to hear. Just a few words can be very encouraging and this forum is great for that. Good luck with your journey too. What challenge are you on now?

Thank you, Iā€™m on challenge 12. My brain really is melting :crazy_face:

That was very clear @Tony_Davis and made complete sense. In some respect, weā€™re all stringing random Welsh words together, but thatā€™s how one builds up sentences.

By the way, Iā€™m old enough to remember Yogi B the first time round!

Hereā€™s my 5 minute recording - thereā€™s a mistake or two in there, but obviously Iā€™ve improved massively in the last week or two! :wink:

1 Like

That sounded very good, @julian-2 - da iawn!

1 Like

Thanks AlanP, and I also remember Yogi the first time, my wife says I remind her of him, Not quite the ā€œfilm starā€ looks I was hoping for :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here are my (less than) 5 minutes worth of practice sentences.

4 Likes

https://soundcloud.com/user-480969918/sounds-from-friday-evening-1 First attempt. I know itā€™s not 5 minutes, yet. Just trying out soundcloud

Hereā€™s my first go at recording a 5 minute practice! Might redo it not on a Sunday night later.

Listen to Sentence practice by Terry Dobbins on #SoundCloud

3 Likes

One of those definitely doesnā€™t make sense :sweat_smile:

Youā€™re doing well @terrance-dobbins! The more you push yourself through those, the better your Welsh will become.