The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** 🔴 (Awarded Mondays)

Well, this definitely hurt my head to make it. And if you play it at the same speed as Listening Practice 10 it may actually sound like speech!!

5 Likes

Here is my first collection of sentences for public consumption (if the posting works) - it has to get better than this but this is reality at present!!

5 Likes

Wow @nigelhackney, you have really set the bar high here, most impressive :smiley: I’m off for some ymarfer and hopefully a lot of gwella!! R

@kate-murphy-1 If that was your first attempt at recording and sharing then Well Done! I could understand all you said and you appear to have the accent and pronunciation just about right. Good job!! R

Da iawn i ti

1 Like

Dach chi wedi gwneud yn dda iawn.

1 Like

Da iawn Richard.

1 Like

Blimey, @richard-brett, that’s very kind of you. You’ve made me come over all embarrassed. I’ve just listened to yours and it sounds pretty damned authentic to my English ears.

1 Like

Da iawn @nigelhackney. We shall be brothers in arms, you from ‘darn sarf’ and me a ‘Brummie’ by upbringing albeit that I now live in Amwythig (Shrewsbury). Think Cymric and you shall be Cymric :grin:

1 Like

Diolch @carolegowers :grin:

Don’t you ‘darn sarf’ me, @richard-brett. You’ve just blown all that good will. I may have fetched up in Twickenham but originally dw i’n dod o Fanceinion, 'appen I’m from Manchester.

1 Like

Ee bah gum lad, a Mancy gone sarf!! Unconditional apologies without delay. Not quite in Manc but am due in Liverpool tomorrow for son no.1’s Graduation :grin: and it’s still ‘oop nsarf ’ amongst the frozen wastelands :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Dda iawn!! I loved the cuppa at the end. Hwyl am y tro from your namesake, almost - Sue Davis!! (To Susan Davies)

Listen to 13 Daily sentences #1 by Charlotte Lunn on #SoundCloud

I’m just gonna slap this in here. I realise on listening to a few others that there are mistakes and I was less prepared but I just wanted it over with! I will revisit and repost. I’m loving the course and thank fully not as poor at Welsh as my recordings :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you Richard!! It means a lot to hear that

1 Like

Da iawn!

Da iawn.

Well, here goes. Quite a bit of repetition & some mistakes I’m sure.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Very impressed! Your accent is really good andI feel very inferior!

1 Like