SSi Forum

The '5 Minutes' Test - recordings

I hope this works
Listen to Five minute practice sentences by Gareth Dunn Jenkins on #SoundCloud

Here we go - my 5 minutes worth.

That sounded great Phil and your pauses were really useful because they gave me time to think. Rhaid i mi ymarfer mwy hefyd!

Really embarrassed about this, a lot of pauses and hesitation but I refuse to redo it :joy:

Diolch Helen.

Brilliant lot of sentences there! Da iawn bawb! :star2:

I think I’ve finally worked out how to post this!
Thanks for your help Dee

Ok. Here’s what I recorded a few weeks ago. I’d like to think I would have fewer pauses etc if I did it again now, although I was trying to think of things to say on the spot so I probably wouldn’t!

My attempt, not much variety of vocabulary though!

Here are my sentences :slight_smile:

Hi Dee How do I post my 5 minutes test recording Thanks Pat

Hope I have posted this correctly. Thank you for listening.

Trying to go from pink to red. Hope I don’t sound too brummie

Once you’ve made your recording and uploaded it into SoundCloud, click on the Share option, and SoundCloud will give you a link. You come in here and post that link and it will show up as a little player like others have done here.

Thanks Dee, I’m not sure if I’ve got it right but at least I can now see it on SSi, I recorded it a couple of weeks ago and have spent the rest of the time trying to up load it! I was only able to read it out then but hearing it now I can understand it so that’s progress!

Da iawn @patricia-mccarthy! You’ve nailed it, and your sentences are very clear.

I thought I had already shared my SoundCloud sentences on here - but Aran has told me to do it (Week 9) so here goes…