SSi Forum

The '5 Minutes' Test - recordings

Mae’n ddrwg gen i bawb :flushed::flushed::flushed:

Heres my 5mins worth.

The '5 Minutes' Test

Accent sounds good

My five minute test recording, sorry about the cars in the background and how dreadfully slow I’m going!

Some sentences from me. Now going red in real life so hope to get the badge to match. :blush:

I know, I know, its a cliche… but do I really sound like that? Oh dear

Some red icons for you @charlie-o as you’ve already turned blue :slight_smile: :heart::lips::bird::beetle::rose:

This is the first time anyone has heard my Welsh apart from me. Please don’t laugh at how English I sound :joy:

Wow @Wren! That was amazing, and NO ONE would imagine you were English. Your accent is fantastic :star2:

That has made my day! Thank you :blush:

Wren…not in the Navy are you? You don’t sound English in the recording.

Nope I’ve never been in the Navy (slightly puzzled why you asked me this though?)
In English I sound Yorkshire and so I don’t know what other accent has slipped into my Welsh. :joy: Oh well!

… because of your fforwm name … Wren, ‘female’ navy counterparts are called Wrens. :blush:

The Women’s RN service was shortened to WRNS and we were called Wrens.

I never would have guessed you were from Yorkshire - somewhere in north Wales, I would have said :slight_smile:

All credit goes to the amazing SsiW team. Especially Aran and whoever is the female voice on the North course :raised_hands:t3:

That’s Aran’s wife, Catrin :slight_smile:

Absolutely brilliant…i agree you sound very welsh indeed…bendigedig!

I’ve just navigated my way here following my week 28 instructions and Wren your words and accent were beautiful to hear.

Wow thank you!