The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Superb work :slight_smile: :slight_smile: It doesnā€™t need to be pyrotechnics - just a good, straightforward workout is ideal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers Aran =D

Iā€™m glad youā€™re not telling me I havenā€™t done it right and I have to do it again.

Itā€™s great that the more confident speakers can run with it and show off their skills, fantastic, and hopefully my more basic entry might help encourage others who are less confident that they can do it too.

4 Likes

Yes, exactly this - having a range of complexity is, I think, going to be HUGELY beneficialā€¦ :star: :star2:

2 Likes

Well, not to disturb this thread any further, let me finish this ā€œdirectly on SoundCloud recording featureā€ story. Iā€™ve got the final reply from the SoundCloud support today which is this:

At present there's no plan to bring it back, but I've noted your comment! Maybe try using a 3rd part audio software? Cheers /NF

ā€” SoundCloud Support (@SCsupport) January 12, 2018

what, as you see by yourself, means thereā€™s no above described direct to Soundcloud record feature and there will not be one in the short future if ever. So Iā€™m sorry Iā€™ve confused you all a bit. Obviously weā€™ll all have to stick to Audacity or similar recording programs in order to upload on SoundCloud rather than recording directly.

However, letā€™s hope my passed further comment about this to planning team of SoundCloud will one day bring this feature back.

Now, Iā€™ll let you publish your recordings on here (and SoundCloud for that matter) further on with (if there will be one) next post of mine publishing that same of a kind recording aswell.

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

3 Likes

13 Likes

Margaret, so sorry to hear all your bad news and I hope things improve very soon. It was brave of you to make that recording but Iā€™m really glad you did. Sending virtual hugs.

2 Likes

Diolch Geraint.

2 Likes

Sending you our thoughts and support at this difficult time, Margaret - and yes, as Geraint said, that was a particularly brave recording.

3 Likes

:heart:

I believe this says all :frowning:

Pob lwc. Meddwl am danoch chi bawb.

2 Likes

@margaretnock Iā€™m so sorry to hear your news, I echo everyone elseā€™s sentiments. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

3 Likes

My best wishes to you Margaret, I really hope everything will work out well. And thank you very much for your recording.

My recording feels a bit inappropriate now, but here it is, anyway

10 Likes

As Geraint said, it was so brave of you to talk about the difficult time youā€™re having at the moment. Iā€™m sending supportive thoughts in your direction, Margaret, and I hope things will improve for you and your family.

1 Like

I can only echo what everyone before me has said already, Margaret, and to say thank you for posting that recording, difficult though the circumstances are - if ever there was proof that SSiW is a community not just a language course, this is it.
xx

3 Likes

Diolch i bawb. Michael has a hairline fracture (probably) to his left tibia (shin bone) just below the knee. Heā€™s lying on the sofa and we go back to fracture clinic on Monday. Two crutches, not very steady on his feet. 5ā€™11" and fairly overweight. Not tried the stairs yet and we have an upstairs loo, or an outside loo and he hasnā€™t used either yet. Dw iā€™n mynd i achub y beic modur o Rydamman, yn fuan. Iā€™m going to supervise the rescue of the bike from Ammanford soon.

9 Likes

Good luck with everything, @margaretnock, we will all be thinking of you.

1 Like

Iā€™m so sorry to hear your news Margaret. Iā€™m sending you all the positive thoughts.

Jiw, jiw, @margaretnock, what a sad chronicle of events. Thereā€™s little I can say except to add to the sympathy and solidarity expressed here by other friends and to hope that you got some small, temporary relief from sharing your feelings so eloquently in Welsh.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been having trouble this week with my recordings sounding really echoey, which is why I havenā€™t posted anything until now. Itā€™s still not great, but 20 takes later (and umpteen variations on the ā€˜5 minute test themeā€™), this is the best I can currently manage!

I clearly need to investigate alternate means of recording before I post a questionā€¦

10 Likes

So, just one more ā€œdisturbanceā€ from me - an update of direct recording to SoundCloud. I wonā€™t write anything further here but you can find everything in Keeping up and technical problems created originally by @hewrop.

Enjoy and have fun!

Tatjana :slight_smile:
Edit by hewrop: Many thanks @tatjana as long as people donā€™t offer any more technical advice because Iā€™m grateful for what has already been offered.

1 Like