The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

It sounds absolutely fine to me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK This is my feeble attempt.

TBH it was only my practice session but Iā€™m not confident in navigating the murky waters of my new Soundcloud account again this evening ("Add an e-mail address, not that one, you have already added it, add another one, aaaaargh!) :tired_face:

Hopefully my next step will be better.

PS donā€™t laugh at my pronunciation of ā€œSoundcloudā€. How do you say that in Cymraeg, without making an ow sound? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That sounds really clear to me so I wouldnā€™t worry. I did a few recordings on the bed that sounded ok then went downstairs and did one in the kitchen which sounded really echoey so maybe thatā€™s why. Too many hard surfaces causing echoes maybe?

3 Likes

Hi Margaret, just to add that I am thinking of you at this difficult time. John.

2 Likes

Dyma fiā€¦lots of silences and ums and errrs:

10 Likes

Late to the party, but here goesā€¦

9 Likes

https://soundcloud.com/user-6232343/ssiw-1

6 Likes

Here it is ( I hope).
If it works, it is only Tatjanaā€™s merit. Without her help, I hadnā€™t been able to do it. (It was not the Welsh bit, but the Tech side that made me crazy)

11 Likes

YAY! YOU DID IT! I knew you would!

Thank you, but it was all made by you yourself. Iā€™ve just told you a few things and thatā€™s all. :slight_smile:

Hmmm ā€¦ Maybe it is the time for me to record something too. ā€¦ :slight_smile:

6 Likes

:relaxed: yes, come on! :relaxed:

3 Likes

Well, that was scary! This is take number a zillion because I kept forgetting to do things like press the record button. It was hard thinking of endings for all those sentences - I figured I wouldnā€™t get away with just saying ā€˜rhywbethā€™ after everythingā€¦

11 Likes

I see what youā€™re doing here Aran - raising the bar just a bit higher each time, and getting us to get out there and use our Welsh more! Wellā€¦ chwarae teg! That was actually brilliant. Painful, but very helpful. Hopefully this is not as painful to listen to as it was to do!

12 Likes

Excellent work, well done that man! :thumbsup: :slight_smile: :wink:

1 Like

7 Likes

Excellent! Very well done!

I really need to know what happened in the pub last night after that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well Geraint, all I can say is that it involved rhywun a ddywedodd fod oā€™n gweithio efo fy chwaer. That and llawer o gwrw! :wink:

3 Likes

I must say that I sound very stilted. My first sentence comes out ok, then my brain slows down - something similar to what happens when answering the 2nd half of those long translations in the challenges. Hopefully things will improve with time.

Thatā€™s exactly the point of itā€¦ :slight_smile:

Donā€™t worry - itā€™s the same process for everyoneā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Itā€™s so weird to record yourself and think on the hop. Iā€™ve just made a video in English (Maeā€™n llwytho i YouTube rwan @aran) and itā€™s so weird to speak to a camera or recorder.

2 Likes