The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

OK, hereā€™s my very ā€œstumblyā€ 5 Minute Test. Man, is it ever hard to think of random sentences!!

8 Likes

Just saw this now, Margaret. Iā€™m very sorry to hear about your mum and your son. Hugs, Marg.

Your accent was perffaith, as always. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did the same thing as you - didnā€™t listen to anyone elseā€™s until Iā€™d finished my own. I think itā€™s a good plan; because Iā€™d likely just end up saying what everyone else said, since it was fresh in my mind. :wink:

1 Like

Penblwydd hapus, @RichardBuck! Itā€™s not so bad, once you get used to it. :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m finding exactly the same thing, @Baruch!

1 Like

Here goes . . .

8 Likes

My first 5 minute listen, David Gloster. Great accent (really jealous) Iā€™m afrsid I am lazy abiut practise but U was encoyraged by ā€˜wedi blinoā€™ - I am Man Gu to 8 yr okd

1 Like

Sorry, Iā€™m not up with technology & eyesight & coordination us great either, bug I WILL keep listening, diolch yn fawr pawb.

Donā€™t worry. If youā€™ve ever read my texts elswhere on here youā€™d see Iā€™m mixing and misstyping a lot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK - I got in early into work this morning and no-one else was in so I thought Iā€™d record something quickly and post it. I Iistened to it back, just now and itā€™s loaded with errors, pauses and mumbling, but ta beth - itā€™s pretty much the reality of where I am, I suppose coupled with a shock at how hard trying to think of things to say can be, when thereā€™s no-one else around to talk back to you.

https://soundcloud.com/user-200854384/wps/s-T5jzS

PS. Arthfoel is my Duolingo username

5 Likes

Excellent - well DONE! Rough and ready is the gold standard here - the more natural the better - and the effort this takes is EXACTLY the effort which is going to make you a more confident speakerā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hereā€™s mine. I hope no one minds a Southern US drawl as Iā€™m from Louisiana and living in Alabama now. Though I lived in California for about 15 years in between. Itā€™s much better than before. Iā€™ve been doing a lot of listening as well as Duolingo for vocabulary lately.

15 Likes

Iā€™m only at Level 1 challenge 7 so I know I have a long way to go.

1 Like

You did it well @Allison! Da iawn ti!

2 Likes

That sounds brilliant, Allison. I love the cool accent :slight_smile:
Also, really brave as you are on Level 1. Unlike me on Level 3, dropping back to my Level 1 comfort zone for my recordings.
I am sure that this will encourage more of us to take the plunge.

3 Likes

Excellent - well DONE - HUGE congratulations! :star: :star2:

2 Likes

Diolch everyone. It took me a couple tries to feel more comfortable.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear this, Margaret. Dymuniadau gorau i ti. Gareth

Diolch Gareth.