The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Aaaargh, @sandralaslett, donā€™t say that. When I was just saying the sentences aloud to myself, I thought they sounded fine, but when I played back my recording, I noticed lots of faults. It took me a few goes before I was partly satisfied. I find that recording and playing back sentences is really useful, even if you donā€™t necessarily post them on the forum. I couldnā€™t find any recordings by you but I bet youā€™re much better than you think.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! Iā€™ve just recorded some sentences (definitely not for sharing!) and see what you mean about spotting mistakes. Sounds odd with a Devon accent too. :slightly_smiling_face: Dw i angen ymarfer siarad mwy!

Da iawn Jackie! :clap:t2:

Hi, sorry this is a few weeks late, but Iā€™ve been wimping out. Sorry itā€™s only short, I guess I need to work on my confidence hey :blush: anyway here its is, my best Welsh accent with a northern Wiganese twang haha! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I donā€™t think my recording was attached doh! I tried to send it directly through my phones recorder. Is this possible? If not, will I need to subscribe to soundcloud to send it to you? Diolch :blush::+1:

There are some other methods, but the forum software works well with SoundCloud. Yes, if you subscribe for free to SoundCloud, then click on Update and find the file of your recording, youā€™ll be able to get it into SoundCloud, then click on Share and get the link to paste in here.

Noswaith dda.

1 Like

So Iā€™ve just done the 5 minute challenge.
By far the hardest thing for me was spending the last two evenings trying how to work out how to use Soundcloud and post it on here :weary:
Iā€™ve got a terrible feeling at the end of my recording thereā€™s going to be a song in Arabic that Iā€™ve no idea how it got on there and Iā€™ve even less idea how to delete itā€¦ my apologies! :see_no_evil:

(Edit: the song wasnā€™t on there thank goodness :innocent: :joy: )

Ben

2 Likes

Soundcloud recording from audio copy I hope first attempt.

3 Likes

A couple of weeks later than planned. But Iā€™ve finally done it!

3 Likes

Brilliant Margaret, Iā€™m impressed with your pronunciation and wide vocabulary!

Da iawn! very clear and lots of variety of words, I can see I need to brush up!

1 Like

Fab Wendy! bravoā€¦I could understand everythingā€¦

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the lovely comment. A little daunting using the tec but itā€™s done now. Hopefully better next time :grinning:

Same here. I think my recording is on with luck not know how.

1 Like

:joy:

Here are my first sentences I have recorded, I hope they are not too bad. I tried to keep it flowing and was trying not to run out of sentences :rofl: https://soundcloud.com/supercrj123/my-welsh-sentences-1

1 Like

Bit of a breakdown in the middle, and Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m getting ā€œhelp meā€ wrong but here goes:

1 Like