The '5 Min' Test- week 18 'SENTENCES' recording **Pink to Red badge** šŸ”“ (Awarded Mondays)

Heres my 5mins worth.

2 Likes

Accent sounds good

My five minute test recording, sorry about the cars in the background and how dreadfully slow Iā€™m going!

2 Likes

Some sentences from me. Now going red in real life so hope to get the badge to match. :blush:

2 Likes

I know, I know, its a clicheā€¦ but do I really sound like that? Oh dear

1 Like

Some red icons for you @charlie-o as youā€™ve already turned blue :slight_smile: :heart::lips::bird::beetle::rose:

This is the first time anyone has heard my Welsh apart from me. Please donā€™t laugh at how English I sound :joy:

7 Likes

Wow @Wren! That was amazing, and NO ONE would imagine you were English. Your accent is fantastic :star2:

2 Likes

That has made my day! Thank you :blush:

Wrenā€¦not in the Navy are you? You donā€™t sound English in the recording.

Nope Iā€™ve never been in the Navy (slightly puzzled why you asked me this though?)
In English I sound Yorkshire and so I donā€™t know what other accent has slipped into my Welsh. :joy: Oh well!

ā€¦ because of your fforwm name ā€¦ Wren, ā€˜femaleā€™ navy counterparts are called Wrens. :blush:

1 Like

The Womenā€™s RN service was shortened to WRNS and we were called Wrens.

1 Like

I never would have guessed you were from Yorkshire - somewhere in north Wales, I would have said :slight_smile:

1 Like

All credit goes to the amazing SsiW team. Especially Aran and whoever is the female voice on the North course :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Thatā€™s Aranā€™s wife, Catrin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely brilliantā€¦i agree you sound very welsh indeedā€¦bendigedig!

1 Like

Iā€™ve just navigated my way here following my week 28 instructions and Wren your words and accent were beautiful to hear.

Wow thank you!

Here are my 5 minutes test recordings. I hope the Dutch accent doesnā€™t detract!

1 Like