The '5 Minutes' Test - week 6 **Going PINK** šŸ’® (Badges Awarded Mondays)

Yeay! I did it! The welsh words actually came out of my mouth without prompting or peeking, and proper sentences! Needed a couple of practices to get them all in within the 5 minutes, but was well worth the effort. Da iawn fi :sunglasses:

Now to try with an actual personā€¦

4 Likes

Well done Sonya! Definitely something to celebrate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Done

2 Likes

Done it, I have completed the 5 minute test and I feel as good as if had I just just run up Snowdon backwards!

6 Likes

Done it! Although quite a few of my sentences were rehashes of the challenges. I need to develop my vocabulary more.
On the other hand, I am amazed at how much I have learnt in only 3 weeks!!

3 Likes

Done it,

2 Likes

Done it!

3 Likes

Done! Very pleased with myself right now!

2 Likes

Da iawn everyone! Itā€™s a great achievement :star2:

1 Like

Done it :-)[quote=ā€œmikeellwood, post:1, topic:11254, full:trueā€]
Described as ā€œa taut political thriller in six parts.ā€

Nigel Baldwin - Burnt - Radio 4 Extra

It started yesterday (28.02.2018) and runs daily, repeated several times, and available on iPlayer Radio for up to 30 days.

It wonā€™t be up everyoneā€™s street, but if you are a dinosaur like me who still enjoys radio drama, especially thriller type escapist stuff, then it might be for you. I say ā€œnot Welshā€, but there was a sprinkling of authentic-sounding Welsh in the 2 episodes Iā€™ve heard so far.

It comes from 1990, so a bit dated (but then, I still like ā€œPaul Templeā€, and some of those are from the 1940s!).

It stars Dennis Waterman, who is clearly not Welsh, but also features Richard Elfyn and ā€œMichaelā€ Povey, and other actors whose names I donā€™t know, but mostly look like Welsh names.
[/quote]

2 Likes

Dw i wedi gwneud e!

In the carā€¦ sitting at McDonaldā€™s. I confess ā€œMae rhaid i fi fwyta byrgyrā€ and ā€œdw iā€™n moyn mynd iā€™r dafarnā€ might have made an appearanceā€¦

2 Likes

Yep ā€¦ Done it!

3 Likes

So do I!! And Iā€™m 35! Iā€™ve downloaded many of the Peter Coke / Marjory Westbury episodes and listen to them before bed at night. The remakes with Crawford Logan are quite good, but I just canā€™t get used to him because Peter Coke is Paul Temple for me!

1 Like

For what itā€™s worth, here goesā€¦

5 Likes

I think I may have posted this in the wrong place

This thread is just for people to say when theyā€™ve managed to say their sentences to themselves withint 5 minutes. Once you get to recording them, this is where it should be @phlipper

2 Likes

Done. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well done @christina-nash-jolli! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Done! Yay

2 Likes

Done it!

2 Likes