The '5 Minutes' Test - week 6 **Going PINK** 💮 (Badges Awarded Mondays)

I’ve done it :grinning::sweat_smile::innocent:

3 Likes

I forgot to say that I have done this! :smiley:

3 Likes

Done it.

2 Likes

Hello, new contributor here.
I’ve only been doing the SSiW course for about 3 weeks and I like the different approach, compared to the other language courses I’ve tried (quite a few over the years). The point is, I’m half way through Level 1, Challenge 8, and already I feel that I could probably start to come up with a sentence for each of your phrases in the “5 Minutes” list (which shows that the SSiW system is working for my strangely wired head). But then I think I might tail off when I have to introduce some actual nouns…

Although it’s still early days, structurally I think I’m making great advances, but my vocabulary is lamentable. Up to now I have used SSiW as my only learning source (I know this is encouraged), tempting though it is to start trying to “digest the dictionary”. Should I produce a hit list of about 20 words pertaining to me and my life and learn them well, so I can fit them into SSiW structures? Have other people had a similar issue, and how did you get around it?

Any suggestions welcome. Keep up the good work. Hwyl am y tro,

Nick, Manchester (Manceinion?)

5 Likes

Done. Pat on the back please.
Wedi gorffen. Pat ar y cefn plis.

3 Likes

20 relevant words is a good idea - but I’d recommend not getting too side-tracked by vocab building at this point - once you’ve got the core structures really nailed down, it gets easier and easier to add the vocab you need most with listening exercises and conversational work… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Done

3 Likes

Here goes:

4 Likes

Done it! (In good time). Doing challenge 4 half a dozen times must finally have paid off. It made my brain ache! I think I might be ready for Challenge 5 now :sweat:

4 Likes

Yay! Done it!

4 Likes

Late to the party but ‘done it’!

4 Likes

All of my sentences veered heavily towards my need to improve my Welsh (must have that on the brain for some reason)…but…done it! :smiley:

4 Likes

Done it!

3 Likes

Done it but without much variety in my sentences!

4 Likes

Done :smiley:

4 Likes

All done!

3 Likes

Great to see so many people accomplishing this little milestone! Da iawn chi gyd!

2 Likes

Done it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Celebrate, @Sonya? Well i ti - well i ni - fynd i’r dafarn efo Huw (sy’n talu wrth gwrs!)…:smile:

1 Like

Dw i wedi cwpla 'r tasg

2 Likes