The '5 Minutes' Test - week 6 **Going PINK** šŸ’® (Badges Awarded Mondays)

Done it!

Done it!

Loving my speech mark, thanks. I shall wear it with pride. :smile:
Does the fact that you arenā€™t sporting one yourself, @aran , mean that you flunked the 5 minute test. :wink:

5 Likes

My childish contrariness means I shall be shunning it, just as with the First Team tie which, as a successful athlete, I was allowed to wear at school, but never did. :smile:

3 Likes

I knew badges are to disposal but I felt they were never even enabled from our part though so I didnā€™t even have a thought about giving them to people as I thought thereā€™s special ā€œdeedā€ to be done to earn them and I somehow thought on our forum only members of the staff have the priviledge to ā€œwearā€ them. So @jamesmahoney did a superb to suggest their use and @Kinetic probably enabled the feature.

Well done to all who did the test. Iā€™m not that certain Iā€™d be able to do it and at the moment Iā€™m a bit to tired to even try. In a day or two perhaps ā€¦

I havenā€™t posted the magic word yet, but Iā€™ve got the badgeā€¦
Perhaps because I posted in this threadā€¦

Done it :grinning:

1 Like

I didnā€™t realise there was a ā€œrewardā€ up for grabs. Go on then, Iā€™ve done it. Badge me. :smile:

5 Likes

Not likely as many of those who posted the magic word donā€™t have the badge yet. As I can see theyā€™re goven manually what means someone presumed youā€™ve done the test successfully and gave you one. As you see I donā€™t have it either but Iā€™ve posted in thsi thread although it was not the magic word Iā€™ve posted also.

1 Like

Done! :blush:

Glad Iā€™m not the only one. Done

2 Likes

Done, yippee!

Done it (kind of, I think). It took a couple of minutes, but I did get confused over ā€œthat I needā€ - I went with something like ā€œMae hyn 'na 'r peth dw i angenā€ and then came back here to see @aranā€™s reference to ā€œboā€™ fi angenā€. So now Iā€™m trying to figure out what kind of structure was intended - something like ā€œWnaeth o dweud wrtha fi boā€™ fi angen mynd iā€™r gwaithā€, or what?

2 Likes

I managed it! Most of my babbling was about singing and eating, because those were the two verbs I happened to remember, but hey, if it counts! :smiley:

The two that I got stuck on were ā€œThat I needā€ and ā€œIā€™d like toā€, but I got them out in the end.

2 Likes

I kind of did it in less than 5 mins (actually less than 4 mins) but Iā€™m all of a sudden not sure with ā€œIā€™d like toā€ and ā€œI wantedā€ Whatever I said to be like ā€œI wantedā€ it didnā€™t sound right to me and I used simple future tense for ā€œIā€™d like toā€ ā€¦ I couldnā€™t remember any better ā€¦ so I guess this doesnā€™t really count as something of success me thinks ā€¦

And besides ā€¦ I found out with this that the more you think would you say things correctly, the less you actually say ā€¦ so to blurt something out is the best solutiion (at least from my point of view). :slight_smile:

What was my babling about? Most about doing something or meeting someone. Obviously I work too much these days and there would not be much rest after Christmas until New year either ā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

At least you read the English properly! I read it as ā€œthat I neededā€.

For that I need I went for something like ā€œdw iā€™n siŵr boā€™ fi angen mynd iā€™r siop ondā€¦ā€

1 Like

Too excellent pursuits!! Definitely counts! Da iawn!!

Iā€™m a refusenik a la Rob so farā€¦:wink:

Oh, ahem, good pointā€¦ :wink:

Thatā€™s the spirit!

Weā€™re giving a lot of thought to a bunch of ways to help people assess their progress in valuable waysā€¦:slight_smile:

That would be fine - as would your ā€˜Hyn ydiā€™r peth dw i angenā€™ - donā€™t fret about the details with thisā€¦ :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Done and done!

2 Likes

Just seen the thread as I was having a coffee
Done it!!:blush:
It would be fun to have more of these quick tests
Nadolig Llawen

4 Likes