SSi Forum

The '5 Minutes' Test

Done it!! :partying_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::partying_face:

I do the same! (Except I just take screenshots of it…) I also find it easier to see the word once I know it, it starts forming into a language in my mind, then. I tend to learn the alphabet of a language first; I have also done the same with the Welsh alphabet.

I find it interesting that there is no “J” in the Welsh alphabet, and yet there are so many of the surname “Jones” in Wales. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::blush:

I’ve heard that the name ‘Jones’ isn’t an original Welsh name, which might explain that. I don’t know where the name did come from, though!

Done! :blush:

Done it! Most of my sentences are to do with going to the Eisteddfod Genedlaethol and/or learning the song I shall be singing in Maes D on Diwrnod Dysgwyr!

Done it, diolch!

Dw i isio mynd am dro efo ci yn y coed
Dwi’n mynd i siopa heno
Fedra i ddim cofio sut i siarad Cymraeg
Dw i angen ymarfer pob dydd
Beth ti’m isio deud?
Ond dw i’n mwynhau dysgu Cymraeg
On i isio deud unrhw beth arall
Dw i newydd ddechrau dysgu Cymraeg
Dw i wedi anghofio sut i ddeud beth dw i isio deud
On i drio deud rhwbeth
Dw i isio deud bo fi angen dysgu diddorol
Rhaid i mi ymarfer mwy
Liciwn i siarad Cymraeg yn dda iawn

[quote=“aran, post:1, topic:10372, full:true”]
Can you look at this list of words/structures and say - out loud - a sentence for each of them?

In less than 5 minutes?

If you can, please post in here to say ‘Done it!’ so that we can shower you with praise and recognition…:wink:

If you can’t yet,

Done it, surprisingly, although probably cheated by making every sentence about my ability or otherwise to sharad Cymraeg.

Done🌳

All finished! Biggest stumble being my lack of imagination in thinking up a sentence containing “that I need”…

Done it :grimacing:

I’ve DONE IT! :grin::grin::grin:

Done it. Not very original but I managed to make up sentences without reference to the vocab listing in the challenges.

Managed it ! :grin:

Bore da .brian dwi.my first week and I have done ok . Hayley

Oops should be hywl.

Completed in 2.75 minutes…surprised myself with that!

Wedi gwneud