The '5 Minutes' Test - week 6 **Going PINK** šŸ’® (Badges Awarded Mondays)

I do the same! (Except I just take screenshots of itā€¦) I also find it easier to see the word once I know it, it starts forming into a language in my mind, then. I tend to learn the alphabet of a language first; I have also done the same with the Welsh alphabet.

I find it interesting that there is no ā€œJā€ in the Welsh alphabet, and yet there are so many of the surname ā€œJonesā€ in Wales. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::blush:

Iā€™ve heard that the name ā€˜Jonesā€™ isnā€™t an original Welsh name, which might explain that. I donā€™t know where the name did come from, though!

Done! :blush:

1 Like

Done it! Most of my sentences are to do with going to the Eisteddfod Genedlaethol and/or learning the song I shall be singing in Maes D on Diwrnod Dysgwyr!

1 Like

Done it, diolch!

1 Like

Dw i isio mynd am dro efo ci yn y coed
Dwiā€™n mynd i siopa heno
Fedra i ddim cofio sut i siarad Cymraeg
Dw i angen ymarfer pob dydd
Beth tiā€™m isio deud?
Ond dw iā€™n mwynhau dysgu Cymraeg
On i isio deud unrhw beth arall
Dw i newydd ddechrau dysgu Cymraeg
Dw i wedi anghofio sut i ddeud beth dw i isio deud
On i drio deud rhwbeth
Dw i isio deud bo fi angen dysgu diddorol
Rhaid i mi ymarfer mwy
Liciwn i siarad Cymraeg yn dda iawn

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œaran, post:1, topic:10372, full:trueā€]
Can you look at this list of words/structures and say - out loud - a sentence for each of them?

In less than 5 minutes?

If you can, please post in here to say ā€˜Done it!ā€™ so that we can shower you with praise and recognitionā€¦:wink:

If you canā€™t yet,

1 Like

Done it, surprisingly, although probably cheated by making every sentence about my ability or otherwise to sharad Cymraeg.

1 Like

DonešŸŒ³

1 Like

All finished! Biggest stumble being my lack of imagination in thinking up a sentence containing ā€œthat I needā€ā€¦

3 Likes

Done it :grimacing:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve DONE IT! :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Done it. Not very original but I managed to make up sentences without reference to the vocab listing in the challenges.

3 Likes

Managed it ! :grin:

2 Likes

Bore da .brian dwi.my first week and I have done ok . Hayley

1 Like

Oops should be hywl.

Completed in 2.75 minutesā€¦surprised myself with that!

1 Like

Wedi gwneud

1 Like

Dw i wedi gwneud y tasg.

1 Like